Custom Grill

-

rypp77

Reaction score
I currently have a 72 grill, not my first choice. Planning on making a custom recess grill. What do you think of my idea? Want to trim the bumper to go along with the flow of the bottom valance.

-r
dart4[1a] copy.jpg

I love custom grilles when they are done well. Your design looks very nice to me. I like the mesh as opposed to the bars you usually see.

Like the look of the grill.
I have a 72 and I'm not thrilled with the huge turn/park lights either. Thinking of one piece grill and driving lights down low like the Cudas. Haven't figured out where to put the turn/park lights. I think it would be easier to fill in the valance to match the bumper.

In my opinion, I think it will make the car look alot mean if the grill is sink in a bite. Going to use the outer trim of my OEM grill and cut out the middle. Going to play around with fiberglass is see if I can it to look just like that the photo. I found the honeycomb mesh on ebay for 30.00. On the lighter side, my grill was already cracked, so I have nothing to lose, if I mess this up.

-r

That grille design looks great! While you are at it, shave the bumper bolts to complete the smooth, clean look.

Joe

that's different and I like different !The grille is nice !
Not sure about the bumper though ,cutting all the material from the bumper makes it look thinner and weaker imo.Maybe too much neg.space making it smaller might look good .
Would be interesting to see what it would look like with a center vertical rib like a Cuda grille ?

Man I like IT!!!! cant wait to see it on the car and what ya gonna do to the rear of the car should be equaly impressive.ok get off the p/c and make it happen and show us pic's in progress!!!!!

I work on a Mac, don't get along with P/Cs, but I will getting started this weekend.

Freakin cool man, like it was some sort of sport option! any chance of photochoping one for a 73-76 duster? I had some ideas but they ended up looking like a pontiac grill :(

Here's an idea for the back. Take a 70 Dart or 71-73 Scamp rear bumper and take vertical ribs and divide the taillight lenses into 3 seperate sections. This would make it look like a Demon with the ribbed taillights. You could use pieces of round rod to make the ribs and make it so the taillights can be installed from behind.

Joe

I like the horizontal-ness of it...makes the car look wide but it still looks like a Dart. Would be cool to carry that theme on the rear. Anyway, looking forward to seeing it.

very sweet idea at first glance i thought it was a new challenger. very nice cant wait to see the final result

-
Back