Custom Hood For My Dart!

-

BadAss71

Let's Go Brandon
Reaction score
Here is the hood we have been working on for my 71. We took and removed the skin from my 71 hood and prepped it for the install of the 09 challenger hood. I then took the challenger hood and removed the skin from it "what a *****!" that was. I then realized that the challenger hood was made out of aluminum! Well that changed things a bit lol. What we ended up doing was using a two part epoxy, the same stuff they use to glue corvette's together. Had to build a filler piece for the rear edge due to how the challenger's hood cowls up in the back. We glued it all together and let it sit in the hot *** arizona sun for a week to cure. I think it turned out awesome!!! Now its off to my buddy for the finish body work and a nice coat of shiny red paint!! Let me know what you guys think!

Looks outstanding! I like it!!!
But you know what would look even better, but would require a bunch of work? Extend the back of the hood to replace/cover the existing cowl panel in front of the windshield and also cover/hide the windshield wiper arms.
Like I said, a bunch of work and expense but would be really different.

AAR Fiberglass is just up the road from me in Cocao,and I had them do a custom one for my Ram SRT 10 !!

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd338/6pakattack/SRT10024-1.jpg

While at there shop I asked about a hood the had done for a Hot Rod pic for a Duster !!! He had done the same thing you have done,taken the Top Skin from his AAR mold,and the bottom skin from a Duster,and the customer custom fitted the two pieces together !!! Bitchin is all I can say !!! And yours follows those same remarks !!! Nice jo !!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Thanks a lot guys! I really appreciate the compliments. It was a hell of a lot of work but it's exactly what I was going for. I can't take all the credit tho, my friend tim did a lot of the work as well. I plan on having 7.2L WEDGE airbrushed on where the HEMI badge was originally also.

Looks pretty badass, prollY wasn't cheap to begin with either! lol

ThankS a lot! I actually picked up the hood for $100 off craigslist. The rear corners were Bent from siting in a body shop so thats why i got it so cheap. Brand new they are very expensive.

man that is sharp looking, not to mention I love what you have going on with the dart between that ruby red and silver two tone paint job, it looks REALLY clean and classy yet respectable.

Very nice!,keep up the good work!:cheers:

Thanks man^^ I can't wait to see it in color! I wasn't sure how it would be accepted by everyone but I wanted something that looks classy like you said. I love the hood on the challenger's and just had to do it. Its quite a bit lighter now that its half aluminum lol. I also plan on doing a function air intake as well. We will see how that works out. Now that its got the extra room I can go with a regular height air cleaner.

If you supplied the hoods i could definatly make that happen! For a fee of course lol

I have my 70 Dart hood I could send ya...How much is a Challenger hood? Maybe I could find one from a totaled car, that was hit in the rear of course..?? I'm serious, I want one!

I have my 70 Dart hood I could send ya...How much is a Challenger hood? Maybe I could find one from a totaled car, that was hit in the rear of course..?? I'm serious, I want one!

Let's do it! I would check craigslist or maybe even ebay for the challenger hood.

Looks AWESOME! I'm going to be doing something similar with my 69 hood and grafting either a Ram SRT-10 or a Charger SRT-8 onto it. I really like what you've done. If I haven problems doing it, I may have to send some stuff your way... Great work!

AAR Fiberglass is just up the road from me in Cocao,and I had them do a custom one for my Ram SRT 10 !!

Maybe I should have you talk to them for me. I contacted them about doing a 69 hood with the same scoop as your truck hood and they said no. I love the vents in yours, did AAR do them too? I would like to have the scoop and vents from your hood on a 69 Dart hood. I have always said vendors treat you different when you walk in to their office with cash rather than contact them by phone or email...

-
Back