Custom Inner Fender Braces 67-76

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would remove the fenders. It would give you so much more room.

Thats my plan. Im looking to remove the inners and not go nuts on the inner cage,as I still want use of the back seat. Im hoping a 6 pt cage combined with your rad support and fender braces,frame connecters,torque boxes will make for a pretty stiff mopar without the 12 pt cage. Also smoothing and filling the firewall should help some too.

Thats my plan. Im looking to remove the inners and not go nuts on the inner cage,as I still want use of the back seat. Im hoping a 6 pt cage combined with your rad support and fender braces,frame connecters,torque boxes will make for a pretty stiff mopar without the 12 pt cage. Also smoothing and filling the firewall should help some too.

If that is the case then I would go a different route. I could bend up something stronger and will not be an issue with the inner fenders out of the way. We could tie the shock tower area with the frame rail and land the bar above the lower rad support. Just get with me when it comes time and I will hook you up. :D

That sounds great! For that matter,how do you feel about bending up an entire 6 pt cage to go with that custom piece? I'd still just weld that custom piece to the firewall. I really dont want to go with an A pillar hoop.

That sounds great! For that matter,how do you feel about bending up an entire 6 pt cage to go with that custom piece? I'd still just weld that custom piece to the firewall. I really dont want to go with an A pillar hoop.

Thinking about doing that anyway on my dart once Jeremy's dart sport is done. Is this an early or later car? Hmmm something to consider.

Im talking to badart ,not jegs...

It's a 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger.

Badart I will still be getting these braces, but wanna know if your able to make that engine brace!

Umm sorry bout that. Not sure where ya got that impression...I'd much rather deal with a Fabo member who is willing to give us great prices and does fine work is all. Jegs will survive without me..

Jegs sells 4,8,10 point roll cages and you just weld.

Also Badart, could you make a shock tower brace for A bodys or Dusters like they make for e bodys? like this
http://www.xvmotorsports.com/products/detail/index.cfm?nPID=17&cid=105&cdesc=Chassis Stiffening

I was talking to someone about that the other day. I think that there would too many issues with fitment, because of fitment with a drop air cleaner, wiper motor and limited space to mount to the firewall somewhere. Plus I don't think too many people would be interested in one because of all of this.

Thanks for the inquiry.

What tube would you use for a 6 pt? Any chance you will do this? We are talking future plan,not right now. Would give me a goal to save up for!

Just to let you guys know I have the following cars being test fitted for my parts

70-74 E Bodies
62-66 A Bodies
66-70 B Bodies

If you would like to buy one for your car that you don't see listed PM me and maybe we can work something out.

well if he does a 8 point for less than 170 im in, shipped.

Do you have a part number? Do you mean the Competition Engineering kit that is actually $370 before shipping. You have to buy the main hoop 3158 $197 and the strut kit 3000 which is $163. After shipping I bet you are into this thing for almost $600.

Like I said I paid $150 for a cage kit and it was shipped to a body shop.

Do you have a part number? Do you mean the Competition Engineering kit that is actually $370 before shipping. You have to buy the main hoop 3158 $197 and the strut kit 3000 which is $163. After shipping I bet you are into this thing for almost $600.

Like I said I paid $150 for a cage kit and it was shipped to a body shop.

What? Im looking at the kit right now and it says 169 for 8 point. its a JEGS kit. no main hop or anything, look it up, or just get one from him.:happy1:

sorry they raised the price from their book its 196, and on their site it does say comp hmmm in their book it says its a JEGS product idk anymore

Hmm,thats an 8 pt roll bar. Wonder where it's made? Where does Jegs get em from?

I noticed Jegs wants $100 for truck shipping on this item,so now we are up to $270.

I know most roll cages/bars are made from DOM,but havent a clue what the difference is between HREW and DOM.The above kit is made with 1 3/4 .134 wall tube.

so 270 for the kit, can you do a cage cheaper than that? If so Im in!

All cage "kits" are made from HREW tubing...the cheapest stuff you can get. If they were made of DOM, they would definitely flaunt that. DOM is just as expensive as chromoly.
The difference is HREW(Hot Rolled Electric Welded), has a weld seam down the length of the tubing. DOM does not have this. The welded seam is obviously not as strong, and in some cases, the tubing can split along this seam(like when off road guys are beating on the tubing and what not).
It would be hard for anyone to compete with the big companies that have a CNC bender and bend tubes all day long. On the flip side of that...you will be buying a universal type of cage. One that may fit your Mopar, but probably will also fit in a Camaro, Vega, maybe a Mustang, etc. With this comes poor fitment, tubes that are very visible from outside the car, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back