Customers pump gas W2 headed 408...

-

Brian Hafliger

Reaction score
Made 552HP @ 6300 and 6500rpm, and 506TQ @ 5100rpm. 9.8:1, hybrid solid roller, mild port w2's, 950HP, OOTB victor, TTI 1 7/8, 1.6 TD's.
Thanks Crackedback for the help today. Got all fancy tuning the carb!!

Attachments

• pic 2.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 435
  • pic 3.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 433
  • pic 10.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 446
  • pic 9.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 434
  • pic 7.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 431
I used what Comp calls a hybrid solid roller/hyd. roller lobe. Can be used with either lifter, just have to account for a small amount of lash when using SR lifters.
They are very fast lobes!

I'd like to know more about this cam. I think this would make a good tech topic and a dam good thread.

OH, PRICE IS????????????????

I can say it's the same lobe family I used on the CC 414 that just made 621 on pump gas!

Cost is relative IMO. If you want alot of HP with a reliable valvetrain, and plan on racing it too you have to spend money. Or replace parts ofter...either way your spending money.

Great results Brian given comp and cam size I think. What sort of valvetrain do you recommend for longevity etc ie spring type, retainers etc

Great results Brian given comp and cam size I think. What sort of valvetrain do you recommend for longevity etc ie spring type, retainers etc

We used Comp 943 springs and tool steel retainers. All 10° stuff. We used TD rockers.
If you cheap out on the valvetrain while using a solid roller you will PAY for it...one way or another!

How well would a quick accelerating lobe like that live on the street?
What sort of DCR does this motor have? what do you think is ideal on pump gas?
Sorry for all the questions
cheers

-
Back