Cutting hole in the hood question...

-

myasylum

Reaction score
I would like to cut a hole in my hood for the air cleaner. I was thinking I might buy the triangle air cleaner and I could just cut out the triangle from under the hood. That might sit nice.

I have never cut a hood before. Any suggestions of what to do?

Thanks!

I would like to cut a hole in my hood for the air cleaner. I was thinking I might buy the triangle air cleaner and I could just cut out the triangle from under the hood. That might sit nice.

I have never cut a hood before. Any suggestions of what to do?

Thanks!

Are you planning to run a scoop?

If not, take it from someone who has ran a tunnel ram and a blower, DON'T cut the hood, you will regret it later. It limits how much and when you can drive the car and if you get stuck in the rain, it shorts out the dist.

use a very fine toothed jig saw and then put on the door trim they sell at Canadian Tire or Pep Boys etc. You know the stuff it is used to dress up the edges of your car doors.

You can also use tin snips but be careful when cutting that you don't leave behind any sharp edges. (maneaters)

I wouldn`t cut the hood but if you must you can use a cutting wheel but be careful not to overheat the metal as it can warp. If you have to cut the bracing then tie it back together once you`ve removed what you need to.

I have a Snorkle scoop i'd be using.
I have read articles where rain didn't hurt anything.... IDK?

what about a angle grinder?

If not, take it from someone who has ran a tunnel ram and a blower, DON'T cut the hood, you will regret it later. It limits how much and when you can drive the car and if you get stuck in the rain, it shorts out the dist.

not on rb,s

metal blade and sawzall.**** guys its just hacking a hole in a hood not rocket science

metal blade and sawzall.**** guys its just hacking a hole in a hood not rocket science
HAHA! I think he wanted it to look nice!
But Anyways.. Measure three times.. them measure again!!! Then cut.. No.. you cant use an angle grinder without a specific cutoff wheel. I'd suggest a jig saw so you don't mess up the paint around it. and if your going to drive in the rain.. Don't risk it.. Use the scoop. And you might be better off cutting a bigger hole then sealing the engine to the hood with a pan for cold high pressure air. Just a thought.

My friend and I used a air tool cut-off wheel on mine, nice perfect circle cut with a straight cutting disc 8)

MEASURE MEASURE MEASURE

Picture 184.jpg

Picture 185.jpg

Picture 091.jpg

x2....i run a tunnel ram.when i first set it up i drove it without a hood ,i wanted to know if streetabilty would suffer too much before i cut mine up.i ended up getting a second hood out of the junkyard so if i want to put it back the way it was i can. i used a cut off wheel to do mine.

-
Back