Reaction score
I need to move the engine to the right side of the

But how do I do it
The car is a 1971 duster with the biscuit engine mount
I took a look at it and don't understand how to move the engine
Except if I move the K frame to the right

Do I moss something

Thanks bob

I put TTIs on my 68 FormulaS on a 70 Duster K, with new bisquits.. I had to raise the engine, using some 3/16 flat plate on the studs.
I also had to dimple the Milodon roadrace pan, and 2 pipes. One dimple was for the pitman arm nut. The other dimple was for the clutch linkage.I didn't make a big deal of it. I thought the fit was awesome.

The K won't move. The attaching bolts have centering shoulders. OK, it won't move significantly.

Mine is hitting the left frame rail
I'd put a flat bare under the right mount but it only tilt
The engine a little and the headers tube still hit the frame rail

Pull the column and take the bolts out of the steering box instead. Way easier.

My TTI headers hit the left frame rail as well. As mentioned above I finally broke down and dimpled the header tube for clearance.
Rod

I have a 70 dart with a 73 spool mount k frame. Mine fit like a glove nothing even came close to hitting.

How much do you need? You might look at slotting the right side engine mount bracket.

Mine hit the frame rail too. I cut and welded a notch in the frame to make the tube clear. When I measured my frame rails, I seem to remember that mine were narrower than what the general consensus said it was supposed to be, which made sense to me why mine hit the frame.

The latest Mopar Action Mag hit on this question in the latest issue.They used a comealong and pulled on the collector that tweeked the header enough to clear.

The latest Mopar Action Mag hit on this question in the latest issue.They used a comealong and pulled on the collector that tweeked the header enough to clear.

It aint a bad idea but damn I'm afraid to brake some thing
Costly like the flange or the tube it self#-o

HEADERS SUCK!

Now with that said I have had Hooker Super Comp & my current TTI

The hookers were a real PIA and the TTI fit so much better............. Now I said better but they are not called TTI perfect fit because they are NOT

Had to raise my engine about 1/4 " to clear and still have slight issue in the idler arm area after a little massaging it is acceptable. Used some large washers that I had to make the spacer, then had aluminum spacers made the same size as the mount, BUT CANNOT GET THE ENGINE HIGH ENOUGH WITH THE HEADERS ON to install. At some point I will pull the mounts off the block and get the cut spacers in....... LOL

A friend has the Schumaker mounts and they must be slightly thicker than the standard biscuit mounts because he said they fit fine.

In my opinion a set of 68-71 340 manifolds are the way to go for a street car. Clean them up a little, powder coat them and be happy.

Maybe but I have w2 heads and manifold aren't an option
I have the Shumaker mount aren't any better that's what
I used and don't give enough clearance
Even change for a pair from Napa they wasn't costly so I gave them
A chance but didn't do much

I think the best way to fix my problem will be to bend them a little
Like said per darter6

Wishing everything will be find and not braking anything

So glad I have a GTS kit, I have plenty of room, even with a big block

I used a thicker motor mount (maybe off a /6?) on that side and it was just enough to move it and slide right in. 72 Demon 340 w/TTI's ... Worked for me!

Maybe but I have w2 heads and manifold aren't an option
I have the Shumaker mount aren't any better that's what
I used and don't give enough clearance
Even change for a pair from Napa they wasn't costly so I gave them
A chance but didn't do much

I think the best way to fix my problem will be to bend them a little
Like said per darter6

Wishing everything will be find and not braking anything

before you go pulling anything id make sure ALL YOUR HEADER BOLTS ARE IN! id bolt them up with the gaskets and torque them evenly. id also anchor the engine mounts.

did you make sure the engine is offset the correct amount to the passenger side? Is the transmission mounted to the cross member. even just a slight movement side to side of the trans will change the way the headers are pointing.

When I put a set of 2" tti's on our 383 '70 Roadrunner I ran into a lot of problems. Our pitman arm needed over an inch of extra clearance. We're tight against the mini starter on the left side and tight against the bellhousing on the right side. We spaced the left motor mount 1/2" higher on the left and dimpled the header to clear the pitman arm but we're still tight against the starter. We'll probably end up using a come-along or port-a-power to gain the extra clearance we need.

As much praise as I've heard about tti headers we found a lot of threads online about fitment problems. I don't know if some of the issues are caused by variances in production from Ma Mopar or quality control issues on tti's part.

I'm not regretting going with their headers but I'm surprised by some of the problems I've seen with fit. It really seems to be hit & miss on how well they fit for different guys.

Ah, A-Body small block headers. You gotta love them. Has anybody ever just installed a pair with NO problems at all?

I too have run into the bisquit type mounts being several different thicknesses.I have a box with about 6 pair and hardly a match.

Ah, A-Body small block headers. You gotta love them. Has anybody ever just installed a pair with NO problems at all?

I've had Doug's and now have Hooker's on mine. No problems installing either set. Didn't need to dimple anything. I did switch to manual steering before installing them, so that helped. Also have spool mounts.

-
Back