Dad’s 1969 Dodge Dart Swinger 340

-
Trim painted. I wanted to get the fender indicators done, but they fell on the floor and need to be redone. Trim came out nicely.

IMG_1715.JPEG

IMG_1716.JPEG

IMG_1717.JPEG

IMG_1718.JPEG

Nice. Bummer 1st a bug in the clearcoat now something fell. Stuff happens and onward hoe we go.

Side note. I have a lot of the original fasteners. My plan was to clean them up and black oxide them. Then paint the ones that need painted. I purchased a vibratory tumbler and green rust cutting media from Harbor Freight. I tossed in a few bolts and let it run overnight. Nothing really happened. I dont know why, but it had a negligible effect if any. Toss the same bolt in the sand blast cabinet, and 20 seconds later its perfectly clean. I dunno

Working on the quarter panels. Using the tape trick to protect, accent the body lines. I have one lane done, and taped up for the second lane. My son also wanted to draw a bit. Art attached.

48863F62-AA5F-43F7-963D-12750E9F8A16.jpeg

0B2A9468-0DDC-44F7-A42F-27CB9CCFAB92.jpeg

More trim painting tonight. Fun fun! My son wore nice shorts, so I had him put on one of my T-shirt’s over his shorts. Good times!

A6E14EBC-50D1-4095-B830-36FE91FD8E30.jpeg

E8C18D7C-BCA8-4568-BAD1-CBB54558F300.jpeg

Just had a thought/question on the booth. Does it stay inflated, or do you have to fill it up? Guessing depends on how long between uses?

My old friend absolutely hated anything to do with Red, sanding or spraying. For some reason it gets everywhere worse than blues or any other color. Wonder if you could aim exhaust at some sort of water container with a cardboard deflector to perhaps catch most or some?
No crap, I still find red overspray in my garage from 6 years ago when I painted my willys, just last week I painted a red fender for my cousin.
Went to get my drill out of the toolbox, and it had a red tint to it.

Just had a thought/question on the booth. Does it stay inflated, or do you have to fill it up? Guessing depends on how long between uses?

We have left it up. Mainly because we have lights in there, and we would have to take them down if we deflated it.

Cool so you don't "have to" take it down:thumbsup:
When I bought the booth, some of the reviews knocked the blowers as not being durable enough to keep it inflated. Mine has been going non-stop for 2 months. That said, some guys build 2x4 frames inside so they can shut down the blowers when they arent using it without collapsing the booth completely

Still working on the quarter panels. Not much to show there. I did take some time to try out my new Caswell black oxide kit. Works awesome. I media blasted the pieces to blacken, and followed the directions. Easy as cake!

32D12DCA-248E-4CC4-BF26-134AE4C310F9.jpeg

4A59350C-EEC8-4C0D-BB58-EA819093F6BC.jpeg

8B30F114-BE40-4B4B-9435-FD7F3B3D3E05.jpeg

Came out great looking. I see 3 cups, is it a 3 dip process? Do they have other colors? Never heard of that company. Nice results

Caswell Plating offers tools & consumables for electroplating and other processes. They used to carry powder coating products as well, but dropped them a few years ago for some reason. I've bought from them for years.

jc & mpg, thanks for the info on Caswell. Saved link to "Duster Parts" folder for future use.

-
Back