dads 41 willys

-

AbodyJohn88

Reaction score
my dads been building his 41 for about 3 years now and in the last few months has really been making progress dont have alot of pics of it on my comp but heres a few from yesterday june 22 fresh from the paint shop
IMG_3830.jpg

IMG_3829.jpg

IMG_3831.jpg

IMG_3844.jpg

IMG_3847.jpg

IMG_3848.jpg

IMG_3849.jpg

IMG_3850.jpg

and im sure some of you have seen my car i tend to post alot of pics of it
IMG_3524.jpg

IMG_8578.jpg

WOW! Very nice. My grandfathers old 40's Willys Jeep is in the barn I am working out of. If I did not all read have enoug to do it would be cool o build it up.

Good luck on your build.

I love those 41 Willys, That is my dream to have one. I think they are the Fastest looking car sitting still I have ever seen. Tell Congrats on the build and I love the color.

the willys is a street beasts kit car and my fish is a 67

Tell your Dad's he's got it happening!
That is going to be awesome when it's done. Hell, it's awesome NOW! And your `67 is no pig either! Nice cars!

BTW: Where you at in this huge cesspool we call New York? I'm in Queens.

Very Nice!

What is the power plant and drive train...

Beautiful. '41 Willys is my favorite car. Just always out of my price range. That is a terrific car best of luck to him with his build. Please post the finished photos. Thanks.

were located in patchogue ny the motor is a pump gas 400 inch chevy with an 8-71 blower,brodix heads,hydraulic roller camshaft tranny is a th400 with a manual valve body and transbrake. its got a four link in the back coil overs up front manual rack and pinion steering a/c four wheel disc breaks getting a cage in it sometime soon plus interior. my cuda has a stock stroke LA360 with 2.02 x heads reliable street car runs consistant 12.90's
Etown08-20140.jpg

Why are they always yellow?

Willys? I hardly ever see them in yellow. I mean there are some but no more than any color, at least around here.

My mom and dad built a 41 willys sedan... fiberglass front fenders, 383 big block, 727 tranny, and an 8.75 sure-grip. That car moved like crazy! And that big block was such a tight fit that my dad sometimes had to remove the fenders to reach certain things.

Anyway, very cool cars. Don't have any pics of our willys... sold it when I was in 4th grade to get the roadrunner back on the street. Wish we had the money to have both but gotta do what ya gotta do. Would love to build a gasser style coupe someday but they're not cheap to build O.o

Man I can't believe you guys didn't keep the original 4 cyl!!! Looks great.

I used to know where there was a really clean complete 53 Willys Aero Lark. Too bad somebody beat me to it.

That is one great looking Willys. I sold mine a couple of years ago. I didn't have the money to finish it right, plus the wife wouldn't ride in it. I have a couple pic's. I converted a 4dr to a 2dr. The new owner put on the finishing touches.

100_0728 (600 x 399).jpg

100_0866 (600 x 334).jpg

B D PARTY20090223_03 (600 x 450).jpg

B D PARTY20090223_05 (600 x 450).jpg

I love these old Willys; It just seems all the ones I see are yellow.......except for the blue one rolling on the dragstrip.
They do look good in yellow though.
My buddy has a willys aero in his junkyard.

console is in
IMG_3851.jpg

electric exhaust cutouts for when he wants to get really loud
IMG_3852.jpg

trunk carpet
IMG_3853.jpg

the big mickeys going on it
IMG_3863.jpg

IMG_3862.jpg

found some pics of earlier in the build
IMG_2382.jpg

IMG_2383.jpg