-
Status
Not open for further replies.

1995dak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Good afternoon. I am hoping someone may have an auto parts truck that would be willing to sale the brake pedal assembly. I am converting a truck to auto and am having a hard time locating the pedal assembly. 92-96 trucks will all be the same as long as it was automatic. Thanks in advance.

I think you can do what was done on older cars when converted from manual to automatic. Leave your stock brake pedal in place, disconnect the hydraulics & attach the now non-functioning clutch pedal to the floor pan or behind the carpeting out of site & out of your way. Plus, if you, or next person who owns it wants to put a manual trans back it, the clutch pedal is still attached saving a lot of work & parts hunting. Save yourself some trouble. PS, I've had a few 1st gen Dakotas.

I think you can do what was done on older cars when converted from manual to automatic. Leave your stock brake pedal in place, disconnect the hydraulics & attach the now non-functioning clutch pedal to the floor pan or behind the carpeting out of site & out of your way. Plus, if you, or next person who owns it wants to put a manual trans back it, the clutch pedal is still attached saving a lot of work & parts hunting. Save yourself some trouble. PS, I've had a few 1st gen Dakotas.

Thank you but my OCD would never allow that. :) I have already removed the pedal assembly and removed the clutch pedal completely. I just cannot live with the pedal placement from the stick pedal assembly. I may have a line on one here locally though.

This one will be going in the permanent garage anyways so not worried about resale.

Thank you but my OCD would never allow that. :) I have already removed the pedal assembly and removed the clutch pedal completely. I just cannot live with the pedal placement from the stick pedal assembly. I may have a line on one here locally though.

This one will be going in the permanent garage anyways so not worried about resale.
I completely understand.

I parted out a Dakota, think it was a 96. It was an auto. Should have the brake peddle. Let me get it out and take some pictures. Was there any other associated parts you were looking for?

I parted out a Dakota, think it was a 96. It was an auto. Should have the brake peddle. Let me get it out and take some pictures. Was there any other associated parts you were looking for?

Man that would be great. I have still not located one locally. Thank you very much and I will try to check back here daily.

Any updates on this? Go to Pick a Parts (El Paso TX) once or twice a month, have scaled way back on inventory purchases. Well there's not much older desirable stuff, left, either. Could look, but would need some intent to purchase if it goes any farther than that.

Thanks for the help all. I finally tracked one down about 60 miles from the house.

Any updates on this? Go to Pick a Parts (El Paso TX) once or twice a month, have scaled way back on inventory purchases. Well there's not much older desirable stuff, left, either. Could look, but would need some intent to purchase if it goes any farther than that.

Looking for an 89 shelby bed light bar? Shipping would likely be cost prohibitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back