damaged hood hinge

-

737jetdr

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just picked up my 66 cuda from the shipping company. Someone from point a to point b tried to slam my hood down and the roller on the right hood hinge contacted the front fender. Now my hood wont close all the way down next to the fender on the right side. Anybody else had to fix this before? Is my hood toast? Never had a car with this type of hood hinge setup before. Thanks

There is a nice write-up here somewhere on how to change those for the 2nd gen. A-body hindges. The fenders had to be removed but I think it was worth the effort. I never liked those torsion rods against the firewall either. Good luck

I'm not sure if the hinge is damaged or the hood is tweeked. 1 thing is for sure, you gotta be careful closing the hood. Thought about using the new hood shocks that are smaller versions of the hatch shocks. Physics might come into play. Wasn't very good in physics.

You can sight down the hood to see if it's kinked. Compare one side with the other on contour. Changing the hood hinges can be done without pulling the fenders....not easy but it's doable if you pull the rear splash guard. Look to see that your torsion bars are in good shape and that the guide bracket isn't bent. Lube the rollers with some grease. I have a pair of hinges also if you find you need them.
Thanks, Mark

-
Back