Damn People!

-

70DusterDev

Reaction score
Man sometimes it really drives me crazy that my Duster isn't quite finished... on here I hear about plenty of stories that the 340 Duster is a pretty quick car and with some simple mods like a cam, headers and intake can hold its own against some big blocks.... well it seams like everywhere else I go all that everyone does is say that the Duster is just a piece of ****.... one of the worst cars made along with any other mopar car and mopar never could make a fast car, my 86 camaro with a 383 stroker would made that car look like it was tied to a tree! argg I just can't wait for it to be done to prove in my area that the Duster IS a quick car and Mopar DID know what they were doing! And since its not done what really pisses me off most is I just have to stand there and take it cause I can't really speak up for it when its not around to prove itself... all I can do is just kinda laugh and say yeah whatever we'll see.... few ok rant off... just had to get that out.

Obviously these..People..have never been to a race track?Don,t worry about what others say,it,s your car and can be made to compete with any brand.Good luck.

There just getting:banghead: to ya.Take pride in your build and then pick on there POS cars.

"The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you."

Mopars take time; be patient, you'll bury that 86 camaro one day. ;-)

They will stop after they see your tail lights. Just keep at it. It takes time to rebuild a car.

You really need to get over this nonsense of worrying about WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK, (unless you ask them.)

Did it ever occur to you that "these people" are just full of ****?

(Talk is cheap.)

There's nothing unique about a camaro. Every dickhead has one.

You really need to get over this nonsense of worrying about WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK, (unless you ask them.)

Yeah, I usually don't and it doesn't usually bother me at all. I usually just kinda laugh but I guess it was starting to build up so I had to vent and let it out. Kinda amazes me how thick headed some people are.... seams to mostly be chevy guys too

well, here is my opinion on a mopar.....

the bodies are grrbage made. they are for brute h.p only.lol

they rust out (all cars do).

look, even al bundy drove one!

they were not made for show. they were made so the oponent gets to see the tail-end of it all.lmao

Around where I live it's the stupid retards in 60s mustangs, I had one guy tell me his 289 was pushing 600hp, and he fired it up and it sounded like an old farm truck LOL people love to sit back and think of how maybe their cars could do amazing things, reality always sets things right!.. p.s, good luck with your build and show'em MO'POWER!.

For me it's pretty simple. I like obscure rare cars and your Duster is both obscure and rare. 86 Cameros are a dime a dozen no matter how fast they are. I spent 5 years on my Comet and am in my fourth year on my Barracuda with a couple to go. Ignore the fools and build your car. Let the results to your talking for you when it is finished. And good luck with it.;-)
DR

It's pretty obvious that the people you speak of are incompetent, misinformed morons who think the only muscle cars ever made were the Mustang and Camaro.

Dont worry about it, build it right and let the car speak for its self. Till then just give them two of these.:thefinge:

Not to worry someday you'll be laughing all the way down the track like i do :happy2::happy2::happy2:this is what most other people see of my grandma'/Al Bundy duster..

Attachments

• DSCF0203.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 282
Man sometimes it really drives me crazy that my Duster isn't quite finished... on here I hear about plenty of stories that the 340 Duster is a pretty quick car and with some simple mods like a cam, headers and intake can hold its own against some big blocks.... well it seams like everywhere else I go all that everyone does is say that the Duster is just a piece of ****.... one of the worst cars made along with any other mopar car and mopar never could make a fast car, my 86 camaro with a 383 stroker would made that car look like it was tied to a tree! argg I just can't wait for it to be done to prove in my area that the Duster IS a quick car and Mopar DID know what they were doing! And since its not done what really pisses me off most is I just have to stand there and take it cause I can't really speak up for it when its not around to prove itself... all I can do is just kinda laugh and say yeah whatever we'll see.... few ok rant off... just had to get that out.

well lets start with apples to apples tell him to put a 350 small block in crapmaro and see how it runs next to the 340 duster or maybe you have someone with a 383 dart see if the crapmaro will run with that (ashholes) always remember when you drive down the street count the old chev. cookie cutters cars you see and then how many mopars GOOD THINGS are hard to find when the duster is done and he is looking it over tell him don't spend anytime looking at the back of the duster check out the front he'll see enough of your rear as you drive away from him

Having talked to several old timers from the 60's and 70's with fast cars ... you ask them what they had back in the day ... and ask them which car gave them a run for there money ... a few will tell you 340 Duster ...

Whoever is running their mouth is very immature. He should be mature enough to know not to degrade other peoples things like a car. No matter what condition it is in or what type it is etc.... Sounds like he is building himself up because his defense mechanism is kicking in because your car is a threat.

When you get to the point where you're buying tires just make sure you get some stickys so your car will hook and book!

I wouldn't let someone with an 86 Camaro w/ a 383 get my goat.

383's aren't all there cracked up to be. For the most part the 3.75" crank is their cop out againt better engineered factory suspension cars with mills that can actually atomize fuel and detonate it efficiently (*cough* a 340 Duster:eek:fftheai:).

Having talked to several old timers from the 60's and 70's with fast cars ... you ask them what they had back in the day ... and ask them which car gave them a run for there money ... a few will tell you 340 Duster ...

Thats true. I had a guy come up to me and say he had a Camero back in the day. Said he took the 350 out and put a396 in it.:sleepy1: He had a fiend that had just got a new 340 Duster just of the show room floor and lined up for a race. I was thinking here we go:toothy2: he is going to bash on 340's now. NOPE! He said "That dang Duster smoked on me good". LOL

just like every camaro owner.they all have 600hp when it rains.no matter what you wont see yourself coming and going everywhere you go.

what an angry group. I am thankful that I never have anyone say anything bad about any of my vehicles. i live in Chevy country and if anyone says anything negative bout my Signet, i'd just run'm the f--- over same goes for my stout six speed Chevy pickup, outta the way moron, I'm comin through, oops was that your foot!

No matter what you drive, there is always something coming up behind you that is faster, handles better, gets better mileage, looks better, etc.
None of that matters.
What matters is your build and what you accomplish with it.
Take a walk around your local pick-a-part, every one of those hulks was somebodies pride and joy at one time.

-
Back