DANG! It's on the hoist!

-

nm9stheham

Reaction score
My son is in shock that the 340 is on the hoist today! It has indeed been a bit a long haul, what with the unexpected machinist issues, but it's lookin' good hanging on the chain.

But then, as Gene Shepherd would say:
"Just when all is right with the world,
just when we reach the zenith of our glory....." Check out the 2nd pix LOL

Attachments

• DSCN1779.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 416
  • DSCN1780.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 400
Been there, done that (second picture). We took the my race motor off the stand after the test fire to bolt up the tranny. OOPS!!!

Done that MANY times...lol. That and forgetting the bolt behind the lower hose on the timing cover on small blocks.

yup, that one goes into the transmission..you should have 4 or 5 more ;)

just curious, what is with the brackets?

At least the oil filter was on....primed the engine a couple time with no filter on...what a mess...

At least the oil filter was on....primed the engine a couple time with no filter on...what a mess...

LOL I took an oil bath one time, forgot to plug the oil pressure gauge passage, priming the engine, in about 10 seconds oil shot out the passage.
Oil hit the garage ceiling, and soaked me.

Well, we DID start to prime this one and forgot the gauge/sensor plug but we started slow, so only lost a few tablespoons. I do recall pouring start up oil down the distributor hole on an Opel engine; the fuel pump block-off plate below was not on, which I figured out after 2 qts were on the ground.... And I did not know to drain the trannie on my first engine swap.... guess who got soaked in ATF when removing the driveshaft and again when hoisting the engine & trans?? That was a classic... outdoors, hoisting on a tripod of cut and trimmed small trees.

The funky bracket on the driver's side is for an AC compressor. And the odd alternator brackets are aftermarket. Got all that with the car from the PO.

Done that MANY times...lol. That and forgetting the bolt behind the lower hose on the timing cover on small blocks.
Just did that very thing on my 360, UGH. The funniest was forgetting the oil sensor and watching my buddy try to prime the motor, he still thinks I did it on purpose.

I'd bet at least 5-6 different times I left that timing cover bolt out, and I didn't notice until I was filling the cooling system and it ran onto my shoe.

LMFAO !!!!

I haven't done the engine stand/ water pump bolt miscue...
However I am here to tell Ya'll
Lots of oil filters have the same thread pitch as an 'A' insert --- BUT NOT---
The same gasket diameter ... LMAO.

rolled the creeper under the car to ck for leaks, luckily I had uni's to change
into...

LMFOA !!!!

But it landed OK.....yeah, those early A's are tight little boogers!

Attachments

• DSCN1785.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 161
  • DSCN1787.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 150
-
Back