Danika Patrick hangs it up

-
I quit watching NASCAR 30 years ago. Really don't know much about Danica. But when Richard Petty says she will never be a good nascar driver ; I"ll go with Petty's synopsis. He got a lot of flak for saying that. As the old saying goes" if you can't run with the big dogs; stay on the porch."
I used to pull for Buddy Arrington ( because he drove a MOPAR). He never had a chance to win unless the front field of 20 cars wrecked. He had the right attitude and seemed to be a good sportsman. As for Danica she did run Formula 1 and I'd she or anyone else that can do that must have plenty of moxie.
No to F1, yes to Indy Cars, at the risk of opening a can of worms, there is a huge difference

I quit watching NASCAR 30 years ago. Really don't know much about Danica. But when Richard Petty says she will never be a good nascar driver ; I"ll go with Petty's synopsis. He got a lot of flak for saying that. As the old saying goes" if you can't run with the big dogs; stay on the porch."
I used to pull for Buddy Arrington ( because he drove a MOPAR). He never had a chance to win unless the front field of 20 cars wrecked. He had the right attitude and seemed to be a good sportsman. As for Danica she did run Formula 1 and I'd she or anyone else that can do that must have plenty of Money.

FIFY

Another interpretation I was not aware of:

Fify stands for ' Fit in (a) few years'

When used in a sentence : "That girl is a Fify".

Applies to all girls under the age of 16. when you see a hot girl that is possibly younger then the age of 16 then the word "Fify" is a short term saying for telling someone that a girl is going to be hot when she turns 16. "Fify" is a simple descriptive word of a young girl that a man may find sexually attractive but simply can't state she is fit because she is too young. The word is socially acceptable because when using the word "Fify", a man is basically acknowledging that the female is too young to be called fit and so instead of coming across as a pedophile, a man can use this word with safety because it clearly sates that the female will be hot when she turns the legal age of 16.
"That girl is defiantly a "Fify"

@dibbons , Thanks for that. I was wondering what the heck he was trying to say.

On the topic of Danika, IDK chit about driving circles or road courses. I’d probably just wreck stuff. Zero experience here.

As far as her talents go in the track, IDK, never seen her race. I don’t care much for NASCAR anymore. Been decades since I have any interest.

How she made it there and how long she has been there I don’t know or care. But she got there, stayed a little while and (I hope for her sake) has a nice bank account.

Enjoy retirement!!!!
I would.

It's a business, and the fact that just her name brought 4 pages here and counting shows it was a success. Controversy on show time is the best seller.
Rattle on :)

Nailed it!

Let’s see, good looking girl in a race suite driving a sponsored car with many people questioning her skills while she is endorsing soft drinks and what else....

Sounds like money is falling from the sky’s!!!!!

Who sponsored her car?
How many times was the sponsor mentioned?

KAAAAAAA-CHING!!!!!

I just hope was doesn't get accused of sexually harassing anyone! ha

Yes I too quit watching Nascar when they quit racing stock cars and Toyota got it..Besides it makes me dizzy!

I find it odd that many claim they have not watched NASCAR for 20 or 30 years but can tell us how bad a driver she is. If you don't watch how do you know so much about her talent ?

My nephew is a photographer for NASCAR, he said she’s great to look at...but is a very rude person and has a nasty disposition towards her crew and team members!

I find it odd that many claim they have not watched NASCAR for 20 or 30 years but can tell us how bad a driver she is. If you don't watch how do you know so much about her talent ?

Her driving record speaks for itself.

what teams do you drive for ? come on now, speak up!! surely one of you is Danica's replacement.

My nephew is a photographer for NASCAR, he said she’s great to look at...but is a very rude person and has a nasty disposition towards her crew and team members!

I agree she has a shitty personality but there are a lot of shitty personalities in NASCAR. Just saying that she is a decent driver.

I agree she has a shitty personality but there are a lot of shitty personalities in NASCAR. Just saying that she is a decent driver.

According to what evidence? Post her records. In both Indy and NASCAR. It's not good.

I was a Petty (43) fan as kid and when retired I started following Dale Sr.

I don’t follow Nascar anymore since Dale Sr. Was killed...so I can’t tell you who is in what car! I can tell you who’s an asshole and who’s not just from talking to my nephew who gets a an upclose look at behind the scenes. He’s at all the races, garages, drivers meetings and in the winners circle.

I asked him why is she gonna retire mid season?

He said “No sponsor would pick her up after her current contract runs out” so I quoted your post and said “She’s a decent driver...Right!!!”

He said “Decent with attitude doesn’t make it with sponsors anymore, the digital age has made it where the people know everything thing about you and how you treat people...the sponsors will drop you in second nowadays because of the new moral clauses in the contracts. They will over look bad behavior if your winning or a good contender in the points...but won’t if your not!”

I know I’ll get a lot of flack because he’s my nephew and some will say “you’re getting your info second hand”

In the South we have a saying:

“ If it walks, talks and ***** like a Duck...it’s a Duck!!!”

Let's face it, drivers abound that fit the latter part of that statement. In every form of racing.

I was a Petty (43) fan as kid and when retired I started following Dale Sr.

I don’t follow Nascar anymore since Dale Sr. Was killed...so I can’t tell you who is in what car! I can tell you who’s an asshole and who’s not just from talking to my nephew who gets a an upclose look at behind the scenes. He’s at all the races, garages, drivers meetings and in the winners circle.

I asked him why is she gonna retire mid season?

He said “No sponsor would pick her up after her current contract runs out” so I quoted your post and said “She’s a decent driver...Right!!!”

He said “Decent with attitude doesn’t make it with sponsors anymore, the digital age has made it where the people know everything thing about you and how you treat people...the sponsors will drop you in second nowadays because of the new moral clauses in the contracts. They will over look bad behavior if your winning or a good contender in the points...but won’t if your not!”

I know I’ll get a lot of flack because he’s my nephew and some will say “you’re getting your info second hand”

In the South we have a saying:

“ If it walks, talks and ***** like a Duck...it’s a Duck!!!”

Your Nephew hit the nail square on the head..Sponsors put up Millions of Dollars and look at them as a Face of the Company. Bad attitude no money.. Kyle Busch is a prime example of Shitty Attitude but is a top tier Driver so all he ever gets is a slap on the wist from his sponsors

LOL!!! *YAAWWWN* I couldn't bring Myself to waste the time to look up any NAPCAR stats, but exactly how many races, top 5's, and championships has Juan Montoya won?
That's CART series Champion, 2-time Indy 500 Champion,.... Juan Montoya..........................??????

-
Back