-
Status
Not open for further replies.
For
A
B
odies
Only

The original as I understand was a card board like the glove box, that's why they are difficult to near impossible to find. Repop I think was/is fiberglass.

I did read they were originally for the Inland shifter?

No Hurst shifters until late 1968. My late '68 was part thick cardboard/like and part fiberglass/like. Any reproduction has to be better.

Here is a factory piece, no it is not for sale. Most people make them out of fiberglass...

101_1717.JPG

I wet some cardboard, Shaped it then dried it, then gave it a couple of coats of fiberglass resin. Can't remember if I added a few strands of matt it was so long ago. Can't find the pics I took.:BangHead:

Thx good info, i heard they repop or did make them. These are very difficult to find lol. I guess i will try to form something up then fiberglass over it. Thank you for the effort

If someone has one that can be duplicated in fiberglass, you may want to talk to @Frodee. Fred is a whizz at fiberglass pieces and he can make a mold so they can be duplicated. Fred, here's a part time job for you. :thumbsup:

I been making parts out of fiberglass. If someone will send me what needs to be duplicated I can do that.
I'm not the best at it but I do get it done.
Here is some of my fiberglass work from making my own plugs and molds.

IMG_20211124_171008732_HDR (1).jpg

IMG_20211107_155138694_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231108_153428171.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back