dart /cuda dash question

-
M

Ms4speed

i recently aquired a 1968 dodge dart.....nothing special it was a 270 with a 318/ 4 speed........when i bought the car everything is there except the dash. someone removed the gauges and trim and cut the frame up with a saw to get the heater box out......so my question is that i have a complete dash from a wrecked 68 cuda.....would it be dumb or a bad idea to put the complete barracuda dash in a dart? i know it would fit, and it would save me some money just doing this, has anyone ever done this before?

Nope, sounds like a good idea. I believe they both use the same lower dash pad too. I've seen a few people do 340 clones and use the Barracuda gauge cluster instead of paying top dollar for a Dart/Duster rallye cluster.

I think that you ought to sell me the 68 fish upper dash pad and fab your own racecar dash. Kidding cause I need one. How are you going to deal with a radio / steaeo.

BTW, welcome to FABO. It's a great site.

the cuda dash has the radio and speaker and wiring it all works because the cuda was a low miles original that lost a battle with a snow plow while parked. so everything is nice and works from that dash assy.

-
Back