Dart In Sunny Australia

-

AUSSIE DART

Reaction score
G'day all!
just found this very informative place ,bloody unreal!!
i 'm a sucker for a cool car , i already have to many , but we'll i just saw this 1966 Dodge Dart gt convertible, and i had to own it, now its a really nice car , slant 6 ,auto, white , black trim, nice clean rust free body and great paint ....its a nice cruizer....the only fault /draw back is that someone has put on a 65 plymouth front , i knew it wasnt correct when i purchased it but it dont bother me , its a nice cool car . apprently the previous owner bought the car from california , bought to australia...resprayed it and did a good resto job on it , pity he did not put the correct front on it before he sprayed it ......(in time i will get the correct front for it)...have at look see wot ya think
anyway im sure i will be askin heeeeps of questions etc.....great site !!!!
now im just gettin the hang of drivin a LHD car on the right hand side of the road ...fun!

on ya guys
aussie dart

31052009109.jpg

31052009108.jpg

G'day mate and welcome aboard.

Jim

Hey that's a cool ride.....welcome to the place of rabid Kool-Aid drinkin' Moparites!

Welcome 'Aussie Dart'! You'll like it here.
That's gotta be confusing...both 'down under' and driving on the wrong side of the road! LOL!!!

Nice car. I did some of that driving on the wrong side while in England quite a while back. NEVER depend on your passenger to tell you the road is clear before passing. It doesn't work!! That may be a Valient front end but its a Barracuda grille.

Larry

now im just gettin the hang of drivin a LHD car on the right hand side of the road ...fun!

on ya guys
aussie dart

Welcome! Know what you mean about the driving - do it just about everyday with my RHD Jeep. . . yep fun!

Cool, I'm waiting on my vert to be completed. It's been in the paint shop for two month's. I have a friend that shipes a lot of cars over there.

hey guys ,:-D
thanks for the welcome !, well i gotta say its really weird drivin a LHD drive car on the other side of the road! you get strange looks when ya overtake people on a freeway being a lhd car......yeh the front grows on me , pity its kinda wrong , but the previous owner has done a great paint job it would be a shame to change the front ,maybe in time i may start to get the correct front end and ship it to australia.been lookin on evil bay , buyin up pretty big on spares our dollar is pretty good at moment 79cent to your dollar, tailights , spare hubcaps/mirrors sill chrome moulds , dash parts ...etc etc...there is bugger all dodge darts in OZ ,
i have a couple of "other" US cars , 60 chev, 64 rambler classic, 64 rambler 770 coupe ( this needs resto) allthese are factory rhd ...plus a couple other aussie classics ...one of my favs in my 1980 holden statesman hearse, fitted with weld wheels , 5litre v8 turbo 400 4wheel disc/power steer/air ...this is a great cruzer .will post sum pics

on ya matey!

000_0262.jpg

000_0265.jpg

26122006112.jpg

-
Back