Dart Mailbox

-

64dart170

Reaction score
Ok, really, Whadya think of the old mailbox?????
Both sides done!:cheers:

MB2.jpg

Very cool John 8) Someone there is quite talented........
Now tell the truth, did Betty do this....LOL :cheers:

Very cool John 8) Someone there is quite talented........
Now tell the truth, did Betty do this....LOL :cheers:
No this one was me before Fern showed up, when I had extra time. Speaking of which I did not have any on polish for "extra" trim. Did include tips with your hood trim! Should be there by Thursday! Any probs let me know! Don't worry Ya got till spring to rub the shine on it!!
ABB did help me do the neighbors box (it's on our pole too) last christmas we noticed the "senior couple" cross the street had a rusted out mailbox so we bought one and passed it back and forth between us for 2 weeks before Christmas and finally got it done for Christmas eve party they were having. We painted it to look like a rendition of their property. Then ABB told me ours needed to be done too. HMMMmmmm I wonder what in the world "I" would paint on a mailbox.......Nothing comes to me right off!!! LOL!!!8)

My mail box is on its way to you along with pics of my Duster...lol. That is so cool!

Im in, were do I send mine? :-D

Looks real good.:cheers:

Thanks man! We had kicked it around about doing them for people but box price, paint & hours would make it too pricey for people in our neighborhood (you know average John Q public) to be able to do them.

I wish I could do these all day every day, real relaxing. :happy10:

Are you guts catching the metalic paint & diamond sequins in the black? How bout the silver flakes in the hub caps! You should see it dance in the sun when you do a drive by!! BLING!!!

I have thought about doing this after seeing those 57 Chevy boxes. Your is much cooler BTW. The sparkles really add some bling. :cheers:
I like the relaxing part. If you get swamped with orders let me know and i'll send my resume. :-D

Now you got me thinking....hhhmmmmm..:-k

I have thought about doing this after seeing those 57 Chevy boxes. Your is much cooler BTW. The sparkles really add some bling. :cheers:
I like the relaxing part. If you get swamped with orders let me know and i'll send my resume. :-D

Now you got me thinking....hhhmmmmm..:-k

It's a bit of a challenge to make a quansit hut shaped box look like a 64!

We figured with paint free:
Box 15.00 to 20 ea
40-50 hours
If you sell at $150.00 Ea (HAHAHHAAH) that's less than $3.00 an hour, then think paint, clearcoat, shipping, box purchase!
Wish I could figure how to do em cheaper???????
Oh! I know.... Volume! Just do 10 at a time, & ship to the same address!:toothy10:

Now now, this is not to get rich on. :-D But I bet there are big personalities out there who would pay anything for this work. Hulk Hogan lives here in the bay area and would probably love one of his Hemi Charger in front of his Bellaire mansion. LOL

Very cool!

Just a thought but maybe you could have your artwork transfered to a decal that you would apply? That way the hard work would only have to done once.

Very cool!

Just a thought but maybe you could have your artwork transfered to a decal that you would apply? That way the hard work would only have to done once.

My thought exactly, but you beat me to it. Simple as it is, it may have been done already.

Now now, this is not to get rich on. :-D But I bet there are big personalities out there who would pay anything for this work. Hulk Hogan lives here in the bay area and would probably love one of his Hemi Charger in front of his Bellaire mansion. LOL

LOL!!!
I wasn't thinking rich, just to get by!!
It would take alot of em to get me to sit down for less than $3.00 an hour no matter what I was doing! 40 - 50 hours is 1 week labor how much is time worth? Priceless to me!! LOL!!!
Have been seeing some 3D modeling stuff at ad agency/design firm.
Problem with decal, it loses the "custom" 1 off effect!! I don't even know anyone with a car that looks like baby let alone wants there mailbox to look like my car! LMBO!!!!!!
I guess sign shop could out put 2, 1 side + 1 side flipped 180, on sticker stock, files could come from actual pics of your car. Like a vehicle cling!
That would solve the 1 off issue, but would still be pricey!
Custom stuff always is.:happy10:
Pretty much why we ruled it out along time ago. Too bad, had all kinds of ideas with those dang mailboxes!!!!:-D

-
Back