Dart Prices

-
:rofl: I am impressed with most of the Mecum Auctions. You can buy some decent iron for reasonable prices.
Having never been to a Mecum auction, I have watched it on TV and seen some cars sell with some rather reasonable prices, thinking to myself, I could buy that. How do those same cars look up close?, It happens mostly during the first two nights?

I often think about these auction house profits. They make a consignment fee, then 8 to 10% on the seller and 8 to 10% on the buyer. Sometimes they lower the % to close a sale, but man 15 to 20 percent per car and sometimes you see sales totaling $30 million or more....damn .. Then you see the same cars down the road for sale again.

I too have been watching these A Body Darts on the rise the last couple years.
A very nice (numbers and original panels) 69 or 70 340 Swinger will now easily bring upper 30's.
4 Speeds more.
The ones I see in the mid 40's seem to be for sale by dealers and they typically sit unsold.

I think the days of buying a nice Swinger 340 in the mid 20's are gone.
I agree the rising E and B body's have pulled up the A's with them.

There are a few early A Darts kicking around here. runs/drives needs work '63 for around 4k. Almost everything that comes up in the early 70's timeframe are restomods or converted drag cars, not drivers (10 - 17k)

They're still out there. Besides facebook marketplace try joining some Mopar groups on facebook, that's how I found my new Dart

I too have been watching these A Body Darts on the rise the last couple years.
A very nice (numbers and original panels) 69 or 70 340 Swinger will now easily bring upper 30's.
4 Speeds more.
The ones I see in the mid 40's seem to be for sale by dealers and they typically sit unsold.

I think the days of buying a nice Swinger 340 in the mid 20's are gone.
I agree the rising E and B body's have pulled up the A's with them.

My 1200$ 340 4 sp Swinger is starting to look like a good investment !

675031E7-7717-4DFE-8429-BB8458634B43.jpeg

F5E8DA45-47BD-4663-9C9F-1E813A959004.jpeg

Personall I’m looking at the trailer, is that a converted boat trailer? And how did we/ u get it on there fork lift? But yes great investment.

Personall I’m looking at the trailer, is that a converted boat trailer? And how did we/ u get it on there fork lift? But yes great investment.

That is a 3 rail dirtbike trailer. I ussd trailer jacks at all 4 corners and lowered it on . They used a forklift at the blasters to get it on and off.

My 1200$ 340 4 sp Swinger is starting to look like a good investment !

View attachment 1715839758
View attachment 1715839759

A desirable model like your 340 car bought for it is actually worth as the project it is, PLUS you can do most all the work...yes then it is a reasonable investment, or should I say purchase.
All the way back to the 80s when those hemi Cudas started to bring $$$, it brought up the value of 383 Roadrunners etc.
As time marches on, those 383 Roadrunners now bring up the value of the 340 Dusters. Yea I know there are those that would not trade a 340Duster for a 383 Runner!! But everyone gets the idea.
Auctions??? The only one that usually make the $$$$$$ at any auction of any type, is the auction co.!!!!!!:poke:

I actually like the drive and manueverability of A bodies over the other Mopars . B-Bodies 2nd ..then C-Bodies , and E Bodies last . I loved my 70 Charger but my Barracuda fastback is easier to zip around in .

I go to the Mecum auctions every time I can. What a lot of fun for $20. I haven’t bought anything there yet. The just had one in KC a few weeks ago. Prices were definitely up. Always some Darts, but very few 67-69 cuda. It’s mostly a GM show.

Fortunately I'm not in the market to buy or sell, but at today's prices I could not afford to buy what I already have. Total dollars spent on both convertibles over the years would shock people at how little it has been...Gonna spend some over the next year or so and spent $2,700 on interior stuff for the two cars this year, but it's worth it. Also, there is no plan to ever sell. I've got two sons and two Mopars...

The prices for the nicer A bodies started rising after the 2020 and 2021 auctions. Seems the sale of the M codes started driving the prices up. Remember the black M code Joe Black bought?
I sold my 68 GTS bigblock car last year and got good money.

The prices for the nicer A bodies started rising after the 2020 and 2021 auctions. Seems the sale of the M codes started driving the prices up. Remember the black M code Joe Black bought?
I sold my 68 GTS bigblock car last year and got good money.

I sure do remember that M code Joe Black bought. I was bidding on it too.
I think that car sold a little light, (well not that light because I ran out of $)
I think that car has to be one of the best M codes out there, plus I like black cars.
I would love to own it.
I messaged him and asked him to let me know if he ever decided to sell the car.

Matt

I sure do remember that M code Joe Black bought. I was bidding on it too.
I think that car sold a little light, (well not that light because I ran out of $)
I think that car has to be one of the best M codes out there, plus I like black cars.
I would love to own it.
I messaged him and asked him to let me know if he ever decided to sell the car.

Matt
I doubt that I will ever own a car that nice, but we can all dream........

Desirable Darts are just a very solid package! The 340 cars have the same suspension for the most part as the 383 and 440 cars xhd suspension package torque boxes front sway bar disc brakes etc oh yeah 8 3/4 ... Lighter, shorter wheelbase, what's not to love. I also would not trade my car Abody for b-body for any reason except for the market value.

-
Back