Dart tire size

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
What is the biggest tire you can get under a stock 68 Dart?What size rim did you use?What offset?Also will a 15 in wheel fit on the front without any clearance issues.
I thought of moving my tubs over to the frame.But my car is pretty rare I don't know if I can bring myself to do it.But then again if I loose traction and hit a tree with skinnys on the back that is not doing me any good either.
If I move the tubs over to the frame will a 275X15 fit?
Thanks,Jim

I have 235/60-15s on my Demon on cop car rims with no clearance issues. I had trial fitted 255/60-15s but they rubbed on the front fender, especially when turning. I've heard of people using up to 275/60-15 on the rear by juggling rim offset. Others have done it by relocating the rear spring w/o min-tubs.

On the stock offset the 255/60-15 also was very close to the rear spring. I think high speed cornering would have chewed up the inside of the tire. There are older threads in this section that discuss this issue.

What is the biggest tire you can get under a stock 68 Dart?What size rim did you use?What offset?Also will a 15 in wheel fit on the front without any clearance issues.
I thought of moving my tubs over to the frame.But my car is pretty rare I don't know if I can bring myself to do it.But then again if I loose traction and hit a tree with skinnys on the back that is not doing me any good either.
If I move the tubs over to the frame will a 275X15 fit?
Thanks,Jim

Dusters have more rear room that Darts. So do 67-69 Barracudas. The 67-69 have sort of a fender skirt.

In the rear I have 245/60/15 on 15x7 small bolt rallyes with 4.25 backspacing with small bolt pattern 8 3/4 rear end. It rubs slighty in hard cornering. It is very close in on the pinch weld and is close to the left spring. The car is not raised in the rear. Actually low from sagging springs. I do have some worn leaf bushings that might not help things.

If you converted to a large bolt pattern axle (cut down C-body or new) the flange sticks out a little more. Like 3/8"? or something.

In the front a 15x7 with 4.25 backspacing with 225/60/15's works with large bolt 73/76 A-body disc conversion.

I have 275-60-15's on my Dart, with no mods other than stiffer shocks. I have posted the backspacing on here, but can't remember it off hand. For this to work, your rearend absolutely has to be centered(a rare occurance on Mopars)

Billy's Car (Small).JPG

I have 275-60-15's on my Dart, with no mods other than stiffer shocks. I have posted the backspacing on here, but can't remember it off hand. For this to work, your rearend absolutely has to be centered(a rare occurance on Mopars)

Mine is not perfectly centered in relation to the outside rear quarter panel fender lips.

But I can also see your Dart is raised in the rear. That helps clearance.

Mine is low. Pics of mine...

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

Hey....... MT Nemo .....nice Dart. Before I glanced over at your avatar info I thought to myself "that guy's from Canada"....it's amazing the branding Timmy's has done with their coffee cups.......:-D
Daryl

-
Back