Dart vs 1000hp Supra heads up.

-
The one thing that I do not know is the torque numbers or when they happen. Also his car is stock weight so what do those cars weigh?

If the weight was 4000 lbs it still would be only 823 hp going by the mph. I do not think it would weigh that much.
According to the calculators on the Wallace racing web sight.

If the weight was 4000 lbs it still would be only 823 hp going by the mph. I do not think it would weigh that much.
According to the calculators on the Wallace racing web sight.

Yes but he has to shift, it is a manual trans. I am not defending him at all, its just I saw what it put to the tires. So he either sucks at shifting or the power is so peaky that it is in a very narrow band. Or it could be that he is backing down the boost? Who knows all I know is that I have a lot less variables than he does.

Get your spy's out there if he does some more T&T passes in the next few weeks. Looking at the vid, I think you have a shot.....But, is he playing games? :D

If he really does have more car then he can really handle, make sure a "substitute" driver doesn't show up for the "money" run...

Oh, and if he buys my plane ticket, I'm available...:)

Get your spy's out there if he does some more T&T passes in the next few weeks. Looking at the vid, I think you have a shot.....But, is he playing games? :D

If he really does have more car then he can really handle, make sure a "substitute" driver doesn't show up for the "money" run...

Oh, and if he buys my plane ticket, I'm available...:)

I was thinking the same thing that the game playing started, but he went to Vegas to win. The "black mamba" is what he is called, went to try and smash everyone. So yes the game could have been played here but Vegas was a real race for him. Also the bet was for him to race, I also am a street racer and that was tried before.

I like that Barona deal..... Sherman is always setting something up, And Scott Huttson Talks about it on Speed Scene.... Cool Beans....
Good Luck.. Work on that tree... :)

I just wanted to say thanks for all the inputs good and bad. This helps seeing things from different points of view. This is a race that is something that can go either way and I understand that. But that's the reason why I took the race, then made the bet. I have bet much more money before and 500 is really a drop in the bucket here for So cal on a race. But it might throw him off his game a little. Regardless of the out come I will post the results here with a link to my go-pro's and everything else.

On the 1/8 mile you have a pretty good shot. There is a supra in my neck of the woods that has a little over 1000hp too, best run at the track was a 10.1.....at 149mph #-o....that car should be in the low 9's with that kind of power, but its not :D. Always fun to race against a car with too much motor and not enough chassis. If you can trap 105 in the 1/8 to his 108, you should be good as long as you're not sleeping at tree along side the supra guy. Good luck, be safe.

You got this, You can play it 2 ways, trip the beams the exact same time as him not allowing him to build as much boost as he wants or even get him to bog off the line, or let him go in first and sit there 10 secs. as soon as you hear him stop bangn the limiter go in and let her rip!

Either way you will be out front at half track. He will be playing catch up on the top. Good luck!

Your setup and driving sounds more consistent, so I'd say you're in with a good chance at shutting him down. especially with it being over the 1/8th where all the agony happens.

I'm sure his car is a driver with plates on it. But run your race and load his azz up !! Old school rules. :burnout:

Like "whitepunkonnitro" said burn him down. Also **** with him on the tree and after your both pre-staged see if you can get him to turn on the 2nd bulb and spool up,then take a nap, as soon as he starts to unspool jump in and stage. Tons of very fast turbo cars here locally but the mind games on the tree cause many of these faster turbo cars to **** up out the gate. They haul *** on the big end though so keep your foot in it or ya gonna get trailored.

Cool thanks for all the Ideas. Most of the turbo cars I have run were on the streets years ago and never at the track. Like I said before I will **** with him and video the whole thing.

i watched the video from that supra. it is spinning bad off the line on a 10.30 pass. if he hooks up youre done. if it is not too late, you could use additives for the fuel to gain as much horses as possible. i have never used it but some nitromethane in the tank migth save you 500$. you could still claim it is naturally aspirated. no smokers anywhere near the car for safety. when is that race?

Why not just let him stage at the tree instead of rushing him? Atleast then it is a fair heads up race....then if you win you have the right to brag. Don't mean to be the "negative Nellie" but it seems you are being really cocky....cocky drivers usually lose....

He has a pretty badass car, don't get me wrong I love Mopars and hope you win, especially with an early a-body car...but I just hate to see this other guys name posted and everybody ripping on him and his car....and if this guy googles his name, this thread will come up and he will know what you are up to anyways....just go and beat him the fair way....

I had similar thoughts in that It would be nice to beat him "fair and square" ie by trying to be faster as opposed to making the other guy slower. but when the odds are stacked against you then it's reasonable to try to take advantage of the situation any way possible, especially for $500. (that's a lot of steak dinners)

Also they're probably going to be racing all day at an event like that, so it's not as if one quarter mile pass with a mischievous wager attached is the be-all and end-all of "who's faster" between the two.

As for OP being cocky. I gathered that's the nature of their friendship, they like to smack-talk each other and it raises the "pride" stakes which is what's really important to stay motivated towards being competitive and pissing off your mates for kicks.

As long as Darian in his Supra isn't offended I can't see any harm. (It's ok to be a little childish and stir the pot every now and then lol)

In Australia we have a saying "Settle, mate. we're not playing for sheep stations.."
which basically means it's only a game, life goes on if you lose.

i did a fast search under ``darin supra`` on you tube. bad news. he was running 8.50s in a white supra a couple of years ago. not sure it is the same car. he is going to be hard to beat...

Is this the race? looks like you won :glasses7:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx4jZlPFmDw"]MRM 6 Supra vs Dart - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back