Dart vs 1000hp Supra heads up.

-
Yeah they kind-of bent the rules for some of these cars because most of them are street racers in the So Cal seen. The Guy i raced is not a street racer anymore but still likes dumping huge amounts of money into that supra. After we raced he came over to my camp paid me, we shared a few drinks and bullshited for a few. I had no idea that Supras, or the one that he has without all the extras, are worth so much or also how many people want them. I guess I am a dinosaur because I see a Supra as a sports car that my mom owns not a race car. I have to give him props on this tho. If you Google Barona 1/8 track and see where it is at, he drove that thing there, then home. It runs on E85 and can make huge boost numbers. Our race was settled at 25psi. So in April match race 7 is going down and he wants a rematch. I told him if my plate is clear he is on and I said give it all its got and turn it up.

So this is how the races went. First race I asked him what lane he wanted since this is what I would call my home track. He wanted right I took left. I did the burn out then went straight to pre-stage lit that bulb. As soon as he pre-staged I lit the next one he creep in and bamm lights flash I was gone, 0.055 for me he got a 0.356 reaction time and missed a shift. win for me

Before the second race I went up to him and said I am up one race and this next one could be expensive for you. I said lets make this a race so what lane do you want, he said he wanted to try the left lane. No problem. Then he was saying that he had lots to do before the race. So I said do the burn out and I will hold back you go in and pre-stage then i will. When you stage and ready to race, hit the gas and start popping that thing then I will stage. This way if I win, I earned it, he was cool with that. I was up one so I just wanted to have fun and get a real race. I wanted him to know that I gave him everything I could to make it fair.

Yeah they kind-of bent the rules for some of these cars because most of them are street racers in the So Cal seen. The Guy i raced is not a street racer anymore but still likes dumping huge amounts of money into that supra. After we raced he came over to my camp paid me, we shared a few drinks and bullshited for a few. I had no idea that Supras, or the one that he has without all the extras, are worth so much or also how many people want them. I guess I am a dinosaur because I see a Supra as a sports car that my mom owns not a race car. I have to give him props on this tho. If you Google Barona 1/8 track and see where it is at, he drove that thing there, then home. It runs on E85 and can make huge boost numbers. Our race was settled at 25psi. So in April match race 7 is going down and he wants a rematch. I told him if my plate is clear he is on and I said give it all its got and turn it up.

So this is how the races went. First race I asked him what lane he wanted since this is what I would call my home track. He wanted right I took left. I did the burn out then went straight to pre-stage lit that bulb. As soon as he pre-staged I lit the next one he creep in and bamm lights flash I was gone, 0.055 for me he got a 0.356 reaction time and missed a shift. win for me

Before the second race I went up to him and said I am up one race and this next one could be expensive for you. I said lets make this a race so what lane do you want, he said he wanted to try the left lane. No problem. Then he was saying that he had lots to do before the race. So I said do the burn out and I will hold back you go in and pre-stage then i will. When you stage and ready to race, hit the gas and start popping that thing then I will stage. This way if I win, I earned it, he was cool with that. I was up one so I just wanted to have fun and get a real race. I wanted him to know that I gave him everything I could to make it fair.

Yes those Supras are worth some $$$. I had the generation before (MKIII) the one you raced and those were cheap comparatively. I wanted a MKIV but they were just too expensive at the time. Roughly $20K for an average run of the mill twin turbo car with no mods that was 10-15 years old.

Sounds like you gave the guy every opportunity for a chance to win. You beat him fair and square. Way to go!

Sounds like it went well then. Cool for both of you. Should be fun in the spring too.

So last race after i won he asked me to come over to his camp and look at his review of the race. He was only building between 25-27psi from what i saw on the screen this equates on his dyno sheets to 850hp from what he says. He asked for a rematch. I said yes but this time turn it up and its the last time. I win, "I win" you win, "you win". But this time he said no to the 500 dollar bet again. Also he is going to be running slicks this time and not drag radials.

As for what I have done since the last race with him is change the trans to a 904. Then changed the rear gear from a 4.30 gear to a 4.56 with the aluminum 8 3/4 housing. Then went from a 28" tire to a 29" tire and the front tires went with 26" front runners. Also the front torsion bars went with the find of a century from the guy down the street. He flagged me down one morning and gave me new in the box 0.810" from 2001. Made in Canada not hecho de mexico. The results is from a 6.5's to a 6.30 in the 1/8 mile, MPH stayed about the same 107mph. I will film and he also will be filming.

Attachments

• MRM7.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 254
You already beat him why bother..one of the best things about going to the "nostalgia" events no rice allowed and nothing over '72...good luck by the way..

You already beat him why bother..one of the best things about going to the "nostalgia" events no rice allowed and nothing over '72...good luck by the way..

I agree with you but in standard typical import form there was an excuse why I won and he did not. So this will be the "**** you never bother me again" race.

Also I race the NHRA heritage series in the hotrod class same rules nothing over 72. But this is a local track trying to stay alive so I support them all I can.

I agree with you but in standard typical import form there was an excuse why I won and he did not. So this will be the "**** you never bother me again" race.

Also I race the NHRA heritage series in the hotrod class same rules nothing over 72. But this is a local track trying to stay alive so I support them all I can.

nice go get em'...

-
Back