Dartin for Divorce

-
Hey Amelda (Marcos), tip outside of using quality tape, body shop supplier "fine line" tape by 3M. Another thought especially with pot metal or plastic after preparation is done use a good quality adhesion promoter (also get at body shop supplier). When done painting pull tape off "back on itself and at an angle". Nice job on parts. Does make the car have a different presence.

@Joe Mc thanks for the compliments and the tips. I'll have to remember some of those tips next time I'm taping, preping and painting... which may be sooner rather than later.... My dash is in need of a refreshing...

Trying to think of what project I want to start on next. I need to do the trunk floor at some point, my dash chrome needs cleaned up and my rear window needs adjusted...

Trunk floor and window will probably win out in the project list since neither cost a lot of money, shouldn't take to long and don't stop me from being able to drive it.

I'm going to go pick up some J heads from Tony so I can try my hand at port and polishing heads. Thats my next big project.

isn't that why you spent all that $$ on dental school? :rofl:

What to not have to port my own heads? Or to learn how to use a dremel? Lol.

Unfortunately I'm still finishing up dental school and won't have an income for 8 more months. Then in 18 months I'll have a 5k per month loan payment... for 10 years :BangHead:

So I gotta learn to port heads for some side work... lol or to have make shift "go fast parts" lol. If they work well I won't have to buy aluminum heads at the same time as a stroker kit lol.... said no one ever...

@kursplat I popped my dome light cover off, it is cracked though :( saw the socket and it looked like the same type as the 1156 lights for tail lights. Popped an extra one in and... bam. We have light. Its very bright, but doesn't turn off... lol. So maybe its the wrong bulb. Ill have to look up bulbs, or find a button to turn it off...

Oh I also got this.

20201216_185503.jpg

20201216_185139.jpg

20201216_185422.jpg

try twisting the headlight switch. it by passes the door switches and turns on the interior light.
i've never tried the sharkhide but hear it works well

the light or the switch? you did close the door too...right...

I closed the door yes... good catch because the first couple times I tried it I didn't have the door closed :realcrazy:

Turned the knob all the way both ways, even when it did its little click and the light didn't turn off.

When you turn the headlight knob all the way left is when the map light stays on. I’d check your door ajar button thing, and all your grounds.

The door switch (and headlight switch) provide a ground to the bulb, which has battery voltage going to it at all times. You probably have a door switch that is bad; always grounded. Or, you may have a signal wire that is grounded (under aftermarket seats/console, etc.).

When you turn the headlight knob all the way left is when the map light stays on. I’d check your door ajar button thing, and all your grounds.

The door switch (and headlight switch) provide a ground to the bulb, which has battery voltage going to it at all times. You probably have a door switch that is bad; always grounded. Or, you may have a signal wire that is grounded (under aftermarket seats/console, etc.).

I was hoping it wasn't going to be that, but I will find them and check them out. Both of my doors handles do stick though, which isn't the best.

unplug the door switches 1@a time first

Will do... trying to figure out where they are right now, searching through old FABO old threads. I can't look for them in the car because I'm putting the kids to bed at the moment.

Ok... Im using the wrong bulb... dome light takes a 1004 bulb... so before I start testing things, I'll buy the correct bulb and see if it works properly... then if it doesnt, I'll just screw in the bulb every time I need light in the car... that way I don't have to mess with the electrical... :poke::rofl:

the 1156 your using only has one connector on the base and it's probably bridging the contacts in the socket.
you could just disconnect the battery every time you turn off the car:lol:

the 1156 your using only has one connector on the base and it's probably bridging the contacts in the socket.
you could just disconnect the battery every time you turn off the car:lol:

I had a 1157 in it my apologies on that one.

Also disconnecting and taking the battery out might be a smart idea to keep people from stealing it...

1157 lit both filaments. 1004 is a double contact, single filament, does not use housing as a ground. 1004 should work properly. If not, then there is a wire grounded out somewhere.

I ended up having an afternoon pt so didn't get to pick anything up on the way home.

I grab a 1004 bulb tomorrow. I also check my door ground switches, they were painted purple and seem to contact to rubber on the door not the metal door frame it self... so that could cause a problem as well.

20201217_172630.jpg

20201217_172612.jpg

-
Back