Dartin for Divorce

-
no video for me, it won't play?

Same here, Like last video Doc posted, click on the arrow and just spin, spin, spin???
Would like to hear it.

I embeded it via the tab (I use fabo with my phone, not computer), I'm not sure why it wont play. Its from my google drive and access is open to everyone. It plays on my phone?

I'm not sure how else to post the video.

I embeded it via the tab (I use fabo with my phone, not computer), I'm not sure why it wont play. Its from my google drive and access is open to everyone. It plays on my phone?

I'm not sure how else to post the video.
Youtube. Set up your own youtube channel and copy links from there.

Forget the video, how does it drive with the new converter?!

Have no clue... got home late today and its been raining a lot.

Started it in neutral today and was a little low on fluid... topped it off and had the wife come yell at me about it being 745 and needing to start getting the kids ready for bed.

Ill take it out tomorrow. The suspense is killing me... trans took a total of 11qts. Seems like a lot, but I have the deeper pan, external trans cooler and cooler in the radiator, so it's probably accurate. The transmission goes into all gears and moves under load in R, 1, 2 and D. There seems to be a little rattle, but I am pretty sure it is the inspection cover, since I never had that on before. Ill double check the tightness on all the bolts tomorrow

Rattling is all gone... I jacked up the car today tightened the arp converter bolts and ripped the dust shield off. Started her up and drove for 5 minutes in the neighborhood. Couldnt get rowdy because I had my 2 year old in the seat next to me.

Shifts smooth as butter, a little early on the 1-2 shift but I havent fully adjuated the kd linkage yet.

I also changed the oil and added a zinc additive. The other oil was used as break in oil for the new heads and had a bit of a gas smell due to it not starting the other day.

Rattling is all gone... I jacked up the car today tightened the arp converter bolts and ripped the dust shield off. Started her up and drove for 5 minutes in the neighborhood. Couldnt get rowdy because I had my 2 year old in the seat next to me.

Shifts smooth as butter, a little early on the 1-2 shift but I havent fully adjuated the kd linkage yet.

I also changed the oil and added a zinc additive. The other oil was used as break in oil for the new heads and had a bit of a gas smell due to it not starting the other day.
My wife wouldn't let my kids in my big block 67 fastback until they were over 10.
and when they were old enough I took them and their friends for many rides.
They are in their late 30's now and still talk about the power rise **** and git. lol
She learned how drive in it so she knew how nasty it was.
You are building memories for your kids that they will cherish. Good for you.
Sooo... what do you think about the convertor?

The converter is good.

I just went for a drive in it and got a little more excited with the skinny pedal. Kd linkage is still a bit off, have a flare up between 2-3rd. Its a new vb so ill double check the front band adjustment and also double check the kd adjustment. Ill need the wife or kids to press the skinny pedal to the floor so I can adjust the kd linkage.

Messed with the KD linkage.

Had wife come out and press throttle pedal down to floor and pulled that cable nice and tight. Then took it to get gas... no 3rd gear...

Came home (because my dumb *** didnt bring tools with me), grabbed some wrenches and went testing... yippee ki yay mother Fker... car freaking moves! Under light throttle, around 2500 rpms, 1-2nd shift happens at 22ish mph. 2-3rd shift happens around 44mph. Both shifts are quick snd clean. No flare up, just good quick shifts. Can be in 3rd going around 45mph, slam the pedal to the floor and ka pow! Transmission down shifts into 2nd and off to the races we go!

The converter works good. Under normal driving I do not see any real draw backs, it drives like a normal car. When I mash on the pedal it the shifts are nice and quick.

Now to get this sucker tuned by someone other than me... I'm sure after that it will be even more fun to drive.

20220423_143418.jpg

Someone is excited to go look to see if we can find anything good in a gold mine.... anyone need anything?

20220424_095336.jpg

Screenshot_20220419-074022_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220419-074007_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220419-073948_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220419-073958_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220419-073924_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220419-073935_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220416-213845_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220416-213851_Facebook.jpg

This guy just bought all this stuff out of Arkansas.

Got a 340 stock bore block with main caps and the motor mounts, he said he guarantees that it will check out clean at the machine shop or he will refund my money. Also got 2 redline caps and the bar that connects the floor shifter to the transmission.

20220424_130111.jpg

20220424_125921.jpg

20220424_125930.jpg

20220424_125945.jpg

20220424_125954.jpg

Anybody know if the "-6" after 340 indicates a "six pack" block???

DD don't do it (convertible) that thing needs at lease 50-60k. Buy one done or a good driver and go from there if you really want a vert. MHO

DD don't do it (convertible) that thing needs at lease 50-60k. Buy one done or a good driver and go from there if you really want a vert. MHO

It has everything except a motor and a back seat... only rust is in the front window pillar (has a new one) and passenger floor board has a little piece.

Decent driver convertibles are like 35-50k... that has been going through my mind though.

You'll have at least 50 K in that convertible to make it a respectable driver.
and that's if you do all the work.

You'll have at least 50 K in that convertible to make it a respectable driver.
and that's if you do all the work.

So better to buy one next year... for 50k... ot seems like that is the current going cost for them... but not a decent convertible

No. When the sand casting is first made, it gets a -1. After a few blocks, one of the cylinders invariably collapse. It is replaced and the block gets a -2. This means your block was cast from a mold that had 5 cylinders replaced. Of course, the -1 and -2 blocks are the least likely to have core shift -- thin cylinder walls on one side. The TA 340 blocks were all -1 or -2 blocks (from what I've seen).

-
Back