Dartin for Divorce

-
Yeah, the whole virus thing sucks. I had to take three weeks off before I got the green light to get back to work. Got a lot done on the Dart, but money was getting scarce.

Yeah, the whole virus thing sucks. I had to take three weeks off before I got the green light to get back to work. Got a lot done on the Dart, but money was getting scarce.

Shoot. I keep hanging out with @70aarcuda and money will be getting scare too! But my car will be running 10's right?! :rofl:

Crushed my tests today!

Now time to get this beast put back together! Tonight and tomorrow are going to be long ones!

See ya tomorrow afternoon........but I got one of those hot dates at 5 pm again...lol

My 1 can of spray paint 45 minute engine bay paint job. Already looks 100x better than it did. Hopefully I feel the same way about it in the morning. :D

20200331_224431.jpg

I found another can of black spray paint and threw another coat over the bay. Looks better. New accessories, hoses and wire loom would make this engine bay look 100%

20200401_102656.jpg

Doc your starting to get the hang of the rabbit hole, at some point you start to wonder is this how crack addicts get started. LOL

Keep going, its looking good, remember, draw that line, oh wait you did and crossed it. I am hopeful that since I am now working a flex work schedule I can pick up some pace here soon, just need to stop having issues.

Doc your starting to get the hang of the rabbit hole, at some point you start to wonder is this how crack addicts get started. LOL

Keep going, its looking good, remember, draw that line, oh wait you did and crossed it. I am hopeful that since I am now working a flex work schedule I can pick up some pace here soon, just need to stop having issues.

No I didn't cross it. Painted remember that was it.. oh wait crossed it with the stupid motor mounts Haha.

I'm putting it back together right now though.

Just wait until you learn about Caswell's plating kits which can be used to re-plate hardware and other components back to factory finishes... ;)

Dang. I forgot intake gaskets and exhaust gaskets. So heres where we got to so far. I'm going to go and get some gaskets right now and hopefully they will be here before tomorrow.

20200401_162237.jpg

Also... how the F do you wrap these while in the car, no way, even me with my girls hand sizes cant get it wrapped.

Or maybe it's because I'm not good at wrapping a pipe up.... hence having 3 kids :rofl:

My wife came in the garage earlier and saw my new valve cover cover. She goes "I thought you were painting these red?" Apparently she doesn't notice that they are a completely different and new valve cover :p:D

20200401_200758.jpg

How do you wrap them ?
By unwrapping them. You don't need that ****.
Let those headers breath.

You seem to be having a hard time with your colors. Orange motor mounts, bare water pump, bare timing cover, bare balancer. Maybe these will help.

View attachment 1715498785

View attachment 1715498786

Looks good!

Nope my colors are spot on. Red motor mounts (picture looks orange though), red engine, red heads. Engine metallic timing cover, intake, dampener and water pump. Then all the pulleys, and fans will be black.

I get that the factory sprayed everything 1 color but I didnt want to do that. Looked at pictures on FABO and the engines I liked most had engine/heads painted then silver/chrome accessories so that's what I am trying to do.

-
Back