Dartin for Divorce

-
I would tell you, but unfortunately you wouldn't listen.
:BangHead: I got to stay off your posts.
PS: Those are for a breather and oil cap.

Go back to post 1300 and you'll see in the pics of other engines you posted, typically there's a pcv on one cover and a breather in the other. The oil filler is in addition to those two ports so I think you need to drill your cover that has the fill cap..

Yes I understand these. @Johnny Dart sorry I get the words and everything mixed up. I'm getting there, one day I'll be smarter with these things lol.

Right now I'm trying to figure out if I could make this work somehow.

20200403_164409.jpg

20200403_164416.jpg

Doc - several different options, check a few things first

for the holes that are not open, check to see if it is a knockout plug

the cap you have in the picture may or may not work but there should be one that would work similar - keep shopping

check the help sections at azone/oreilly's, they generally have a couple different grommet sizes for the valve covers, one with a larger hole for a cap and one with a smaller hole for a PCV directly, also the overall grommet is available in different sizes, may also be a grommet list for a brake boosted that will work

Idk if this is knock out or drill out. I'll probably end up ordering one if this one doesn't work. Using the seal from my twist on cap it gets a pretty good seal, but definitely not as good as if it was the correct twist on pcv cap would.

20200403_170443.jpg

one way to find out - see if you can knock it out, use a socket or something as close to the size as possible so you don't dimple the top.

one way to find out - see if you can knock it out, use a socket or something as close to the size as possible so you don't dimple the top.

I dont want to knock it out. I only need 1 hole in each valve cover 1 for the breather and one for the pcv right? That's how my stock ones were set up.

Baffle plates like these?

20200403_174257.jpg

20200403_174340.jpg

20200403_174353.jpg

Justin, I have the same covers on my 360 and didn’t knock out the other plugs but you will need to screw on the small baffle plate to inside of the PCV side. The motor will suck engine oil in if you don’t and it will smoke from the tail pipes. Just speaking on past experience

looks like all the options are posted, figure out what parts you can get to work as you would like. My MT covers are like yours, they have three openings, 1 breather, 1 twist filler cap, and one PCV, your breather or PCV can be used as a filler though so you use only 2.

Justin, I have the same covers on my 360 and didn’t knock out the other plugs but you will need to screw on the small baffle plate to inside of the PCV side. The motor will suck engine oil in if you don’t and it will smoke from the tail pipes. Just speaking on past experience

Where did you get the baffle plate?

Look at those 52yr old factory valve covers just sitting there ready to bolt on in all their glory. What did they ever do to you ? :) No bs aftermarket caps, breathers,grommets, etc to hunt down. No drilling, no measuring, no smacking, nothing. Nothing, but bolt on and go racing MaMopar badassness !!!
I know, you're still learning. You'll learn.
PS: Do you want to sell those old things ?
They can't be worth all that much after getting kicked to the curb. :)

Open up a 2nd hole in one valve cover. Get a grommet and install the PCV there. Put a twist-in oil fill cap (not a breather) on the existing hole. On the other valve cover put a twist-in filtered breather in the existing hole. Make sure there are baffles under both the PCV and the breather, otherwise you'll be burning/leaking a lot of oil.

Look at those 52yr old factory valve covers just sitting there ready to bolt on in all their glory. What did they ever do to you ? :) No bs aftermarket caps, breathers,grommets, etc to hunt down. No drilling, no measuring, no smacking, nothing. Nothing, but bolt on and go racing MaMopar badassness !!!
I know, you're still learning. You'll learn.
PS: Do you want to sell those old things ?
They can't be worth all that much after getting kicked to the curb. :)

I scratched them taking my intake off lol.

I have already had someone ask if they can buy them. I dont know what in going to do with them. I feel like I should sell a couple more things but have a hard time bringing myself to do it. But you can be second in line!

I'm thinking about trying the 2nd hole idea. I hate waiting on parts to arrive and I already have these, may as well make them work

I was just kidding you. The best thing for you to do is keep them. Actually, clean them up and put them back on your motor.

Made a grommet and made baffles for my valve covers. The grommet sits in there tight and the push in pcv breather is a very tight fit. I'm going to throw a little shellac gasket maker on the edges of the grommet and make sure it is a nice stable seal long term too.

Phew such a lot of work for such small parts.

20200404_133326.jpg

20200404_133301.jpg

20200404_133249.jpg

20200404_133551.jpg

20200404_133611.jpg

20200404_133624.jpg

20200404_143700.jpg

I think this is how this goes. I'm going to read up on them a little more on the interwebs before doing anything permanent

20200404_164630.jpg

Nice tennis shoes.........

Pumas and they are super comfortable :p

I looked for baffle but couldn’t find one, but you figured it out. Looking good

Yea I was directed to a Johnny mac thread where he did the same thing on some other covers. I guess if you dont have baffles oil gets everywhere?

I tell you guys it's the little things that take all the time in the world to complete.

-
Back