Dartin for Divorce

-
@67 gt here are some pictures of the back of the plate that attaches to the top of the console. The chrome plate has little screw tabs and they go into the black portion of the console. There are also these little screw retainers that are kind of flimsy and 3 different sizes. 3/8, 5/16 and 1/4.

20200428_193320.jpg

20200428_193327.jpg

20200428_193337.jpg

20200428_193344.jpg

20200428_193432.jpg

20200428_193501.jpg

20200428_160409.jpg

20200428_160402.jpg

20200428_160413.jpg

This thing.... I really really really dislike. It isnt fun to get out and it isnt fun to get back in. I have the starter, transmission lines, shifter, and 1 top bolt to get back in on the transmission then I can hopefully not do this again....

Ps- Happy Birthday @70aarcuda hope you have a wonderful day and have fun on your date with the redhead!

Last edited:
I hope it gets easier... my new starter, which is 7 months old decided to join into the douche-bagery.... seriously, wtf.

20200429_154420.jpg

Yes it is a cable problem, I cut and spliced a new end connector on, but I cant get the old one off. The nut is just spinning with the screw.
Two idea, get two nuts , thread them on, use them as a jam nut to hold the screw tight while you try to back the original nut off. That, or a pair of vise grips on the screw.

Or just leave it and use a new nut to hold the new cable on.

Two idea, get two nuts , thread them on, use them as a jam nut to hold the screw tight while you try to back the original nut off. That, or a pair of vise grips on the screw.

Or just leave it and use a new nut to hold the new cable on.

I was going with second idea as it's faster and less of a pain in the ***. I still havent even welded yet.

Found another problem... my lower rod to my shifter is the incorrect lower rod :wtf: well that is going to stall some things which is not fun but I'll find one floating around somewhere.

Ooh... I also ordered new transmission lines. I was going to wait... but figured better to do it sooner rather than waiting for mine to take a dump since they have already been cut and spliced with rubber lines in like 4 different spots.

I asked my wife what she wanted for mother's day... she already went on an online shopping spree and said she got her own mother's day things haha. She was mad when I bought her a shark mop like 4 years ago. I really thought I was helping out? I mean she was always complaining how long it took her to mop so i bought her a fancy one... she didnt like that :rofl:

20200429_192853.jpg

20200429_170918.jpg

I tried welding earlier because I got all the measurements done, but the wire isn't coming though the tip, it has wire but it's not feeding through and I dont know why.

Installed the starter but forgot the dust shield so I took it off and I'll put it back on in a couple minutes. Right now I'm holding a minion so it makes it impossible to do anything.

Also for some reason the site isn't letting me post pictures. Its saying the files are to large and they are the same files off my phone I've used since I started

20200430_123013.jpg

20200430_123614.jpg

20200430_123553.jpg

Looks like the tip is welded shut. Tips screw out and new ones are cheap. There's several welding shops around Vegas that have tips and other consumables in-stock. The diameter for the tip should match the wire diameter.

I tried welding earlier because I got all the measurements done, but the wire isn't coming though the tip, it has wire but it's not feeding through and I dont know why.

Installed the starter but forgot the dust shield so I took it off and I'll put it back on in a couple minutes. Right now I'm holding a minion so it makes it impossible to do anything.

Also for some reason the site isn't letting me post pictures. Its saying the files are to large and they are the same files off my phone I've used since I started

View attachment 1715519302

View attachment 1715519304

View attachment 1715519305
It’s either your tip, or wrong size wire for the tip, or your tension is too tight on the wire tensioner

I have a bunch of tips, I'll try another one. Even after putting a new one on it wouldn't feed out.

Is the motor turning when you squeeze the trigger? Is the wire tangled on the spool?

try it without tip on and see if it will feed. It looks like wire is not straight. Take that wing nut loose and flip it up to make sure wire is in the grooves on roller. The you may need to tighten the tension on roller because it is slipping, Joe

Wires in the grooves, just isnt moving. Apparently it's my luck saying I'm not welding because I don't know how lol.

tighten or loosen the screw with the spring in your picture. it puts pressure on the wire as the wheel turns

-
Back