Dartin for Divorce

-
the Cuda can not be 40 yrs old...as i turn 39 next week....tell cause I am working only a few miles away....and the cars are parked on the other side of town....I need to get that duster out of the garage....has not moved since Oct of last year.....

the Cuda can not be 40 yrs old...as i turn 39 next week....tell cause I am working only a few miles away....and the cars are parked on the other side of town....I need to get that duster out of the garage....has not moved since Oct of last year.....

Well maybe if my car ever drives again I'll be able to drive it out that way and we will go to sonic. I think that used to be the classic car hang out spot, back before both of us were around :thumbsup: lol.

Some pretty cars right there! I showed cassidy those 2 cars and she asked why you never drive your cool cars over here? She also said the cuda doesn't look 40yrs old and that we need another cool car like that one...(I added the last part about us needing another cool car:D)
Try 50.

Well I was told we need vaseline for the trans reassembly and Cassidy said we can use this to lube it up.

20200422_080218.jpg

I showed her the post/comments of the balm. Her reply was "when you have someone sucking on your nipples so much they start to hurt you'll understand."

To bad I cant claim credit for the "to much nipple sucking." :lol:

I had to go back to get the correct thrust washers and correct reverse band for my transmission and something jumped in my cart... it was about 15 bucks more expensive than summit but i didnt have to wait and it let's me get everything done in the trans in 1 shot vs having to open the transmission up again later down the road.

20200422_104150.jpg

Rear clutch done. Front clutch needs thin clutch discs and the rebuild came with regular/thick front discs. We will get that done tomorrow.

I have homework to do on how to install the tf2 as aarcuda said he has never done one so it would be like the blind leading the blind. I also have to watch the 727/904 transmission rebuild video so I can be of more assistance tomorrow when we can get a good bit of work done to it. All in all everything should be buttoned up on friday afternoon, I'm hoping my Tc is done friday morning so we can install and go for an inaugural test drive.

20200422_184515.jpg

20200422_184527.jpg

Oh I also need to get a 2 to 4 bolt MC adapter plate and we will rebleed my brakes with a special pump bleeder aarcuda has.

We are almost there! We couldn't get the low-reverse servo (front servo) in because my old spring was actually a spring that didnt fit properly. So we are getting the proper one and we will set it up tomorrow. My rebuild kit also didnt have a front pump seal in it either, so I have to get another seal to put that together. Everything else is pretty much ready to go.

20200423_192850.jpg

Started taking my VB apart and noticed the previous owner was not lying when he said there had been a shift kit installed. I dont know exactly what kit is installed but I do know some things have been done. Holes drilled same size according to TF2 kit in certain places and I dont think this screw is stock? I am going to do my best to follow tf2 instructions and the how to article on FABO and get the vb completed in the morning... even though it scares me shitless to mess it up. :eek:

20200424_004529.jpg

20200424_004559.jpg

20200424_004614.jpg

My TC will be ready at 3, apparently I'll be picking it up tomorrow. Lame.

I've read the tf2 install instructions like 3x and I still get slightly confused. I'll figure it out though.

Take it step by step. One step at a time. Follow the instructions exactly.

If the valve body has obviously already been modified, I think I'd avoid touching it. You really don't know what you've got.

Take it step by step. One step at a time. Follow the instructions exactly.

I was missing a page of the instructions which I think was adding to the confusion. I also keep trading everyone say they set it to coffee spiller mode and I dont know what the heck that means, besides size of holes they drill(i think)

If the valve body has obviously already been modified, I think I'd avoid touching it. You really don't know what you've got.

I thought about that. I'll go step by step and compare if there are any differences. I was also informed that if I **** it up I know a guy with a couple extra valve bodies.

Got the tc. The place even painted it for me and gave me some new converter to flex plate bolts. The guy there seems like a really cool guy and I'm hoping he does good work. They are a really busy shop and post all of their work online. Torque Converter Rebuilders is the name of the company they do a lot of Chevy stuff.

20200424_175753.jpg

20200424_170000.jpg

20200424_165946.jpg

How did it look inside what do you mean,how would I know how it looked inside?
sorry, i forget not everyone has been living this crap their whole life :)
i don't understand how anyone can take that in for rebuilding and not ask how it looked :rofl:
same thing with drill presses, grinders and air compressors. i have no idea how people get through life without them, or why anyone would want to

sorry, i forget not everyone has been living this crap their whole life :)
i don't understand how anyone can take that in for rebuilding and not ask how it looked :rofl:
same thing with drill presses, grinders and air compressors. i have no idea how people get through life without them, or why anyone would want to

Oh yea I definitely didnt ask him how it looked inside my bad, at least he was able to get it to a 2500 stall. (I'll brake test it out and we will see how she does. Maybe I'll even downshift and see what it flashes too...if I ever grow the balls to do that haha)

Not to nag....lol, but don't forget to take your flex plate off the motor and lay it down on the converter and mark it on 1 ear. Use a Sharpie to mark the flex plate on the engine side with an "E" before you take it off. Then, when you lay it on the converter and line all the bolt holes up, hit the converter and one ear of the flex plate with spray paint, so you can see how to line it up. It only fits one way, and taking this extra step will save you much cussing....and will keep you out from under the car for an extra hour trying to get the converter bolts lined up.....which ALWAYS seems to happen on the 3rd try! :BangHead:

Not to nag....lol, but don't forget to take your flex plate off the motor and lay it down on the converter and mark it on 1 ear. Use a Sharpie to mark the flex plate on the engine side with an "E" before you take it off. Then, when you lay it on the converter and line all the bolt holes up, hit the converter and one ear of the flex plate with spray paint, so you can see how to line it up. It only fits one way, and taking this extra step will save you much cussing....and will keep you out from under the car for an extra hour trying to get the converter bolts lined up.....which ALWAYS seems to happen on the 3rd try! :BangHead:

Good idea! I actually marked it before taking it in to get rebuilt, but with them painting the TC it messed up the fitment haha. I'm glad you mentioned this because I would have forgot.

-
Back