Dartin for Divorce

-
Older straight axle with lifts is no big deal.i built a 4” lift for my 80 power wagon with 35’s.
my son has the full meal deal lift on his silverado, front and rear, control arms and diff relocated. Lots of money, and work.
Your 2.5” puts the ball joints out of their nominal operating range, as well as the cv shafts. Wheel spacers? Shortens the life of the wheel bearings. Ride and handling are in the toilet.
Your rig, my opinion. Form over function, i get it.

Well the only way to run the stock Ram 1500 TRX wheels on the truck is to run wheel spacers. I'll grab hubcentric wheel spacers and it will be just fine. Have you run wheel spacers before? I ran them on countless cars in the past, heck I gave a set to my brother for his jetty and 70k miles later he is still driving around just fine....

Your right on the geometry of the lifts with the new trucks, I've read anything over 3in is where the binding starts with these trucks. If I was going to get a 4-6in kit I'd get new control arms to correct the geometry.

Well the only way to run the stock Ram 1500 TRX wheels on the truck is to run wheel spacers. I'll grab hubcentric wheel spacers and it will be just fine. Have you run wheel spacers before? I ran them on countless cars in the past, heck I gave a set to my brother for his jetty and 70k miles later he is still driving around just fine....

Your right on the geometry of the lifts with the new trucks, I've read anything over 3in is where the binding starts with these trucks. If I was going to get a 4-6in kit I'd get new control arms to correct the geometry.
And here its different. All gravel roads, lots of back country stuff. I drive bush trails and my dd carries a 500 lb plow out front for 3 months.fyi hub centric is hogwash. I run wheels with larger center holes on my power wagon,it used to carry the plow, double size battery, plow pump and a winch on the front wheels. 1/2 stock wheel studs.
Proper torque with spacers is a job. Have to remove wheels to retorque spacer nuts. I hand torque every single wheel nut. That amounts to thousands.

My speedmaster heads shipped out yesterday! So those should be here next week.

Today I built the fence on the back of my yard. For free 99 I think it looks great! Got some help from my father in law and it took us about 4ish hours.

20211205_171031.jpg

IMG_5323.jpg

IMG_5321.jpg

IMG_5322.jpg

Sweet. Great price!!

Yeah, free 99 is my favorite price. I actually had to pay for the cement and buy a new saw blade lol.

Hillbilly engineering 101 ! Looks god!!

Thanks! Didn't want to pay 5k for a fence around a house I dont own. Asked the superintendent of the house construction behind our house and he said I could take as many pallets as i wanted.

No work on the dart lately, I've been busy... plus I gave to get the heads cleaned up or sent back to get different ones. These have a bunch of flaws in the ports and one in the head chamber...

I got my new wheels/tires and my level kit installed on the truck and it looks and drives amazing. Definitely how the truck should have looked. Wheels/tires + level, my truck gained about 4.5 inches in height.

20211210_140041.jpg

20211210_140134.jpg

20211210_140149.jpg

20211210_140501.jpg

20211210_140517.jpg

20211223_170417.jpg

20211224_123506.jpg

That sucks about your new heads. :( Are the holes in the ports just a pocket where there was porosity in the casting, or does it go into water jackets or a bolt hole or something? Those look like the CNC ported version. I have a new in the box pair of Seedblasters that I've had for a few years. I'll get mine checked by my machinist before ever attempting to use them!

Nothing a little amalgam wont fix. Truck looks great.

I was thinking of taking advice from the speedmaster thread and putting jb weld in the holes in the ports, these are holes into where the head bolts go down. then having them looked over and the chamber hole fixed.

I was thinking of taking advice from the speedmaster thread and putting jb weld in the holes in the ports, these are holes into where the head bolts go down. then having them looked over and the chamber hole fixed.
They sure pushed the limits on that porting. Im not tooo sure you really need that much port volume. I'd find another avenue if I could.

That sucks about your new heads. :( Are the holes in the ports just a pocket where there was porosity in the casting, or does it go into water jackets or a bolt hole or something? Those look like the CNC ported version. I have a new in the box pair of Seedblasters that I've had for a few years. I'll get mine checked by my machinist before ever attempting to use them!

Yes they are the fully dressed CNC heads. I need to get head studs and head gaskets to run them. Id be better off getting some new rockers and rocker arms as well. Then Ill probably get some new spark plug wires as well, because I should finally fix them and have matching spark plug wires again haha.

I really have no idea how the holes happened. I emailed SM, opened a claim but havent heard back from them yet.

The holes in the ports are where the head bolts/studs go through. As mentioned above, in the SM thread it was said to use JB weld in the holes in the ports, smooth them up and call it a day. Then have the chamber hole welded, or filled by a professional. Water would be behind there, but they dont seem to go very deep, maybe 2mm.

Yall still enjoying the new location?

On the heads, don't use JB Weld. It's not impervious to gasoline or ethanol. It will eventually come loose.

Yall still enjoying the new location?

On the heads, don't use JB Weld. It's not impervious to gasoline or ethanol. It will eventually come loose.

Oh we LOVE it out here! Just wish I loved the office I work at... currently looking for an office to buy near us. Hopefully one pops up soon.

I drove the dart today, still drives great! It shifts smooth as butter when cool, then when the trans fluid heats up it starts to have the 2-3rd flare up...oh well. When I finally build a stroker, I'll do the transmission again with one of them fancy torque converters.

Ah I didnt not know that about JB weld. I was just going off the information given by pittsburghracer in the SM thread.

Ive emailed them, but waiting on the response of what we will do to remedy the situation with holes in the brand new heads.

Screenshot_20211226-183224_Samsung Internet.jpg

20211226_155859.jpg

Hope everyone is doing well! No I didn’t die, at least not yet... I've been working my butt off and making some money. Still trying to find a motor, actually got a lead on a 340 block with a stroker kit, except for rods. Trying to get it shipped to me, the guy is supposed to get back to me on price this weekend, so fingers crossed. Ive been looking at practices to buy here in Springfield, went and met with 2 Drs the padt month snd have feelers out with 3 other Drs. The one I really like is located 1hr and 445maway from where we are now but my wife doesnt want to move there. Hopefully I find a practice before I go buy another old mopar!

Cha-ching!!!

Glad you're still kickin'. How are you guys enjoying Missouri?

Yep still kicking... Not very high though, putting on those winter Missouri pounds... lol

We are still loving Missouri... My wife loves the area and her dad/brother and grandparents moved close to us, about 30 minutes away. That's part of the reason my wife doesn't want to move to buy a practice 1hr and 45 minutes away to a small city east of us. Even though the office is perfect for me.

Was wondering what happened to you since you hadn't been posting, Joe

Yeah I have been pretty lame lately. Haven't pulled the Dart out since it got to cold, rainy and some snow. I need to get to work on the damn thing.

My buddy took my SM heads to his friend who is a racer and welder, his friend offered to fix the heads for free. Only problem was he couldn't guarantee he would be able to weld the casting flaw in the chamber without it getting onto the mating surface of the head. So I may have had to have the heads decked... So I said forget it, I'm going to just run them. Still need to buy some gaskets, head studs and new spark plug wires.. I have been lazy about buying those too, I need to get the part numbers then search them on amazon to buy, since I have some gift cards on Amazon I could use to pay for it all.

Hope everyone is doing well! No I didn’t die, at least not yet... I've been working my butt off and making some money. Still trying to find a motor, actually got a lead on a 340 block with a stroker kit, except for rods. Trying to get it shipped to me, the guy is supposed to get back to me on price this weekend, so fingers crossed. Ive been looking at practices to buy here in Springfield, went and met with 2 Drs the padt month snd have feelers out with 3 other Drs. The one I really like is located 1hr and 445maway from where we are now but my wife doesnt want to move there. Hopefully I find a practice before I go buy another old mopar!
If you’d be interested in a big block, I’ve got a fresh built, forged 383 I’d sell for quite a bit less than it could be built for. Nice to see you back posting again

-
Back