Darts-70 vrs 69

-

Sparky

Reaction score
I own a 70 Swinger (may actually get it on the road one day) I like the 70 style very much. The more I look at the 69, I have to say that I like the body style of it much more. Specifically I like the grill and tail more than the 70. Just wondering which one our members like more or if you do at all.(and why) Chime in, even if you don't own one. Please, this thread is not meant to start any verbal clashes,I am really thinking about dumping the 70 and getting a 69,but most likely just another car dream.=P~

I like the 70 over the 69, but i like them both. For me it's because a 70 was my first car.

I own a 70 so I'd have to say I do like the 70, but sometimes I see a 69 GTS and think it looks meaner, more intimidating. But then with the 340 scoops on mine I think it looks mean. Hard to say.

Hands down '70-'71, not to say I don't like the '69s but for the same reason I'm not a huge fan of scamps, I just am not a fan of the big front bumper and the boxy looking trunk. I like the clean looking bumpers of the '70-'72 but the grill and recessed marker lights of the '70-'71. I wouldn't say no to a '69 as I do like them a lot and a '68 ss would be very very cool, I would just rather have a '70-'71.

My first car was a 73. At first I really loved the look. Then, as the years past, I started liking the earlier 70's darts. and now as the years have passed some more, I am really liking the late 60's.

I think I like the 69's because they look simular to a 67 chevelle, and I always liked the look of them. ( I know chevy is no comparison to Mopar) Wonder if anyone else see's what I see.

But as I sit right now, I would buy whichever was the better deal. I also have never owned a 69, but would like to.

My vote is Both.

Doesn't help does it.

Phil

I vote 70-72. I love how the lines flow and the front bumper and grille is so nice. I prefer them without the hoodscoops though because the seem to sit to close together.

I like the '70 and up style, but the '68 and '69's really just blow me away when done right......I've got a '68 and '69 right now.

Would love to look at it but I cannot get the darned flash player to work on Vista..argh !!!!

Unfortunately, I couldn't tell the diff between the two if I fell over on them..guess I am off to google pictures..

Did a search..found the same car in the two searches..if the '70 has the two distinct sections and the 69 has a long line with two blinkers, I like the '70 better :)

i always like the 69 better until i owned one. then i wanted a 70-71 dart..lol i like them both. but i think out of the 67-69 darts the 68 are the best looking.

69 here! I just like the boxier look they have. I guess that's why I have three. My second car back in 1973 was a 69 Swinger 340 and pretty much have always had one since.

well i have a 71 but i like the 67-68-69-70 actully if you gave me any mopar i would like it but 70 are nice and so are 69 the 69's look like baby roadrunners from the back but i like the 70 back end also idk i like them both

well i have a 71 but i like the 67-68-69-70 actully if you gave me any mopar i would like it but 70 are nice and so are 69 the 69's look like baby roadrunners from the back but i like the 70 back end also idk i like them both
Well you know where I'm gonna go here, I prefer the 1969 but always like the dual 340 scoops of the 70. A friend of mine did a cool thing, he put the 340 scoops on his 68 and it looked really mean.

I would love to see a picture of the 340 scoops on a 67-69 Dart. Been thinking about it...

i think out of the 67-69 darts the 68 are the best looking.

I have to totally agree! I may be a little bias though since I own one.

I actually think both body styles look just as good, you could always combine the two and make a 69 1/2. There use to be a 69 that ran around St. Louis that had a 70 front clip, it looked pretty damn good that way. From what I was told the car was wrecked when it was a year or two old and the body shop just used a 70 clip.

I have had both and they each have their attributes.
The forward look rear of the 70-71 make it look quick. Add a wing and some scoops and that's it. 8)
On the other hand you could get the 67-69 in a convertable. 8) 8)
Or just make one. 8) 8) 8)

I borrrowed these pics from Jerrys "Frankendart" creation.

I own a '70 so I would say....hmmmmmm.....tick tock, tick tock......a '70!

DSC_1583 (Small).JPG

is that an original black car ? that is nice , I like black .

I've owned both , 70 swinger with a slant , cali car , very rustfree , I heard the guy I sold it to used it to rebody a rotbox 340 car .

Currnetly have a 69 GTS , orig 383 4 speed . I like the 69 better because it's a big block and a blast to drive .

is that an original black car ? that is nice , I like black .

I've owned both , 70 swinger with a slant , cali car , very rustfree , I heard the guy I sold it to used it to rebody a rotbox 340 car .

Currnetly have a 69 GTS , orig 383 4 speed . I like the 69 better because it's a big block and a blast to drive .
John RR. Yes in fact it is a real Black car with a Green interior!

-
Back