Dash installation helpful tips

-
Is this tab on top for a ground wire?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 89
Yes the male spade on the limiter is for added ground wire although there was no wire in every build or application of that limiter. Many assemblies included more plastics so a chassis ground wire as used there to ground most everything on the board it was plugged into. Male spade on headlight switches is another example of same.

Yes the male spade on the limiter is for added ground wire although there was no wire in every build or application of that limiter. Many assemblies included more plastics so a chassis ground wire as used there to ground most everything on the board it was plugged into. Male spade on headlight switches is another example of same.

Good stuff. Thanks!

I'll add the ground on the limiter because Its there and I have it ope :) I'll also mount the chassis ground on the passenger side to some point on the dash frame. I think that should cover my bases.

I'll look at the headlight switch and if there is a ground I'll tie that in also.

Here is a thought, not sure if this makes sense or if its over kill, but I can bring a 10 ga. wire from the negative terminal on the bat to the cabin by following the stock harness along the inner fender and penetrating the firewall using a grommet in the hole meant for the manual wiper pump.
I could probably do this clean that most folks wouldn't even notice it. What do ya think?

Then I could bring in the tach wire from the MSD, together with the ground.

I wouldn't add a wire at the battery at all. Regardless how often the electrical aspects are considered here, it is still/first and foremost a moving machine.

-
Back