Dash light bulbs

-

tekslk

Reaction score
1967 barracuda, Im taking dash out today and was wondering without using led bulbs what are the brightest bulbs that will work with the stock dash?

I use Sylvania #2825 Its a long life, slightly brighter, version of 158, 194 type

I used cheap Hong Kong ones from ebay in my 65 Dart and they look great. Supposed to last forever, but so where home fluorescent bulbs. Just search for your bulb#. I recently put many LED's in my 80's M-B cars and ran into a few issues. Some (turn signal, running) were too big to fit the car's holes. Some died in 3 sec (looked neat with big heat sinks on body, maybe meant for 6 V?). Some bridged the contacts in the (unique?) M-B dash bulb holders. One started pulsing (could be the brake switch, haven't checked). However, they give much more light. Lighting the dash well is a generic problem with these M-B dashes, but some forward-facing LED's I got worked great to shine light down the "light tunnels" to the dash. Same might work for the plastic light tunnels in the Dart climate buttons (pnuemo-electric switch).

Guess I will check A&A tomorrow. See what they have to offer, I dont like my leds maybe I got cheap chinese crap.

I use the 194's and get the 10-packs from work but will have to check on the 2825's Red suggested at least for the cluster lighting.

Tekslk did you get the speedo changed out ok?

Put LED's in Dads 67 and not impressed. May just leave em be as it is a pita to change the bulbs

Put LED's in Dads 67 and not impressed. May just leave em be as it is a pita to change the bulbs

To R&R this panel repeatedly for various reasons can be a pain in the back.
Hazardous to the panel too.

Attachments

• DOH! factor.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 223
Rocky didnt change it yet but gonna start soon I looked at it and will get it done. Im 62 and dont move quite as good as I use to but Im not handicapped either. thanks again.

I did my 72 duster. Looks good. The old 1's where dim. I didnt do the outside blinkers because the flasher would not flash. I need to get an electronic flasher. But I just wanted to do the dash for now. I removed the cluster to replace the bulbs. I got mine from flea bay. 10 pack

Dose anybody have a how to take the dash out?
im in the same boat dim lighted Dash.
I was able to change only one bulb still too dark and one blinker dosn't work . I did get the park brake bulb to work too.

1967 barracuda, Im taking dash out today and was wondering without using led bulbs what are the brightest bulbs that will work with the stock dash?

I dumped the illumination bulbs and went with these
http://tinyurl.com/k8ev5hl
These dim very well where as the single led bulbs didn't

for the other bulbs I got single led bulbs. I got rid of the bulb holders and soldered them in place. Turn signal x2, brake, hi beam. A 68 bulb worked very well also, but I had the led bulbs so I used them (as these do not need to dim)

Ed

-
Back