Dash pad restoration beware

-

FK5340

Reaction score
Has anybody had a dash pad restored by a company out of Texas. Don't want to mension any names at this time. At this point I am very unhappy with them. I had sent pads down to them waited two months no pads no call. I called they had not even started them ( Wanted payment before they started ) after telling me I would have it back in 4-5 weeks.First pad they had sent me 4 weeks later was terrible workmanship and Not from my original frame that I had specified twice that I wanted back.I had engrave the metal part of the pad frame with my initials so I would know it was mine when it came back. Pad frame didn't have my markings. I had called them and could not even get a call back from the owner or person in charge. Talked to another person and was told to send the pad back and they would check for my original frame (which I had engraved my initials into the metal frame). Two weeks later I had received a call they told me they had found my original frame and put new pad on it and was sending back . I got the pad which looks a lot better than the first one BUT I cannot find my engraved initals in the frame. I think I have been had. When I had called to tell them it was not my original I was told that the pad they had restored had my name written on it.
I told them I had not put my name on the pad. I had engraved my initials into the metal frame which I can't find on this frame either. They told me they would check into it but at this time I have not received a response.I guess I am out of my original pad frame.

No, I haven't used the company you mentioned. Sorry you are having such problems. If you specifically told them to use your original frame, and it was useable, as far as not being bent up or rusted out, they should have used it. You've tried to resolve this issue and have been patient, waited longer than the quoted time, returned a pad and waited for another which was still not correct...you have every right to name the company. You just might save another member from the same fate that you are suffering.

I can't think of one good reason to demand the original frame be returned.

Because it is his.

If I send a set of seats out to be recovered I sure would want MY seat frames back and not somebody else's pos. It is weird to some I guess but I understand where he is coming from.

Who is it? I sure don't want to choose them by mistake.

I wouldn't hesitate a moment to mention their name. Some of these asshats need some bad press to make them straighten up & do poeple right.

Thanks 340 dart that is the reason. It is the principal of the matter. If someone tells you they will restore your original from your car and send it back that is what is expected of them.When I send engine parts out and ask for that part to be returned I engrave them also.Doesn't matter what part big or small it is still the original.The pad frame I had sent to them was in very good shape no rust,bends or tears just had a few impressions in the pad. I am restoring my car and wanted a perfect pad. Also if you check various frames there is different thicknesses in the foam material on the frame where it mounts to the main dash. Last talked to a person at Ultimate Rides on Monday and they were checking into it and I have not heard from them since nor do I expect to.

In El Paso, right? Those are the people that did the Nash Bridges cars

Yes that is where there address is . I had talked to them at Carlisle last year. Not sure if they will be there this year but I am going to check.

-
Back