Dash paint question

-

Dennis Gerard

Reaction score
1968 Cuda dash upper part is black or wood grain decal, the lower part is silverish, is the a special paint for that?

s-l640.jpg

Most likely Argent Silver. I bought mine from Herb's Paint. Called and told them what I was painting very helpful, they know MOPARS.
Remember if you paint you'll have a lot of paper and taping to do if you don't take it off. I've done it both way.
Just take your time and remember several light coats is the best way to go....but you might know that.

Mine is 67 model. When my bezel was restored the paint used there looked much like the mopar rally wheel paint. A tad more glossy and metallic like than the OEM on my center console but looked good.
You'll need some liquid mask instead of tape and little artist type air brush sprayer. use a soldering iron to carefully lift the script from the glove box bezel might be easier than masking ( Mine was lifted for rechrome ). Repainting is a pains taking task any way you go about it.
There is a easier way to renew the appearance. DMT offers a kit of precision cut pieces that lay on there. DMT Mopar 68 69 Dart A Body Rallye Ralley Rally Dash & Matte SILVER Lower Trim | eBay
Pics are of my bezel right after restore and what I recently did with the kit from DMT and burlwood laminate. Sorry I don't have a pic of the kit installed as received. I can say the material used is a custom blended matte silver that should look fine even if not exact match to a console top.
You would need to separate the script on glove box bezel to install this kit. The long tail on the final 'a' is very tender.

DeMonDIN  02.JPG

DeMonDIN plus burl 01 resize.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back