dashboard/windshield question

-

moper

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the dashboard assembly on a Demon can be removed without taking out the windshield? I've got a replaced windsheild in my Demon and a rally dash I need to remove...lol. If it has to come out, can a fairly new gasket be removed and re-used?

has to come out. most re-use gaskets if not to brittle. but i have never had good luck re-using the seals. always leaked

so, taking it out to sell to me?lol

On my 73 Duster, I took my windshield out to get at the 5 bolts. I do not think you could salvage the gasket. I have read posts here where people cut the bolts from under the dash in lieu of removing the windshiled. Maybe small hands, patience and the right tool you might be able to get away with it accessing the bolts from above.

well, the problem with that is that the windsheild gasket sits above all the bolt heads

The windshield has to come out, I can't imagine trying to cut those bolts from underneath, you would have to remove most of the stuff in the dash just to get to them.

Are you removing just the dash cluster? That can come out by itself...

And, the rubber windshield gasket can be used again. I haven't seen one too hard yet. Maybe a desert or hot climate car, but nothing I've seen in the N.E.

Defeating those 5 bolts from underneath is like going around the bung hole to get to the elbow. having said that, If I had a new front glass installed and it doesn't leak I would go the long way around. keep in mind that the front seat(s), heater case, vent boxes, nearly everything will need to come out first,along with the usual suspects ( a-pillars trims and kick panels ). One thing for sure though, you'll have opportunity to reseal all that crap and the wiper pivots too while in there.

"Defeating those 5 bolts from underneath is like going around the bung hole to get to the elbow"

Well said, funny and I am ashamed to say been there many times!!

not to mention do you really want to do all that work removing and re-installing with a used gasket to get down the road and find out its leaking and have to do the job yet again spend the 100.00 or what have ya and invest in new gaskets JMO

-
Back