Dave's "DRENO" Cuda Project

-

Rob R

Reaction score
It all started with a cam change and snowballed into a mini resto...
I found a couple of small structural problems ands had to correct those first before throwing some hp at Dave's Cuda.
I figured make it safe and pretty first and give it 350 hp while it's apart and then make the call as to how much more power Dave figures he'll want...
It has been quite the up hill battle but it's turned out better than I had hoped.I'm more than 2 weeks behind but the really hard work is finished.
Another coat of Base and then some Clear and the Cuda will be looking pretty good...

dave1.jpg

dave2.jpg

dave3.jpg

dave4.jpg

dave6.jpg

dave7.jpg

dave8.jpg

dave9.jpg

dave10.jpg

dave11.jpg

dave12.jpg

dave14.jpg

Thats exactly how it start out for me. Lol.. Looks like your doing a awesome job.

Attachments

• P7110053.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 730
Looks good Rob Dave will be happy with that for sure! Are you doing some work on the back quarter that got dinged as well?

I had intended to fix it for him but the structure ate up a lot of time...His quarter really bugs me...ever time I look at the car I want to jump on it and straighten it out...
If I had a steering column that didn't need that PRN321 dial taken off of it I could fix that quarter...
ANYONE HAVE A STEERING COLUMN OUT THERE ????:toothy8:

The killer part of this is I'm so busy at work I don't have time to drive the car.:banghead: Been working 13 hour days,like Rob.But I do take Sundays off so there may be a chance,just hope the weather holds out.:prayer:

I had intended to fix it for him but the structure ate up a lot of time...His quarter really bugs me...ever time I look at the car I want to jump on it and straighten it out...
If I had a steering column that didn't need that PRN321 dial taken off of it I could fix that quarter...
ANYONE HAVE A STEERING COLUMN OUT THERE ????:toothy8:

What kind do you need?

Thanks for the responses about the steering column but there is absolutely no time for me to wait for the proper column to arive...I'll just poke the old one back in as is.
I just finished up prep/painting all the small parts ...30 hours in two days..
Now I get to run a tap through all threads that were painted over and clean the threads on those bolts that are not going to be replaced.In the end it's all the small details that total up to a extra special finished product...

dave16.jpg

Lookin great!

Do this to the column like I did

Saves some $$$:-D

Attachments

• DSCF1775 (Medium).jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 582
  • DSCF1722 (Medium).jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 581
  • DSCF1721 (Medium).jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 583
  • DSCF1720 (Medium).jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 572
  • DSCF1719 (Medium).jpg
    82 KB · Views: 573
  • DSCF1717 (Medium).jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 582
  • DSCF1716 (Medium).jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 580
  • DSCF1702 (Medium).jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 596
  • DSCF1776 (Medium).jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 581
Where have I been :blob: Dang DRENO :wav:
You are getting the Cuda dun up :thumrigh:
Congratulations bud :cheers: The work is looking great and you are staying busy being the Lock man.

That engine bay looks great Rob :cheers: I am so proud to hear Dave is getting a face lift on that cool Cuda :coffee2:

I forgot that Tony did his column, It looked perfect when I sat in it and fired it up in his garage :glasses7:

This job is defiantly kicking my rear end...slowly but surly it's coming along :banghead:

dave17.jpg

Still slugging it out...
Put new cam brgs in ..new camshaft, gave Dave's orig heads a quick rub..bowls,short sides,roof,unshrouded the valves, half an hour a port type of job.

dave18.jpg

dave19.jpg

dave20.jpg

dave21.jpg

dave22.jpg

dave23.jpg

dave24.jpg

dave25.jpg

dave26.jpg

I hate to see you killing yourself over this Rob,but it looks awesome! Like the looks of those new headbolts. I will call you in the morning.

It's time to start mocking everything up to see what fits and what doesn't..
The one little indulgence I forced on to Dave was this PTC 8 inch with all the goodies for down the road.:burnout:

dave27.jpg

Looks great! :) Don't worry your not the only one in the same boat, mine started out as minor cancer repair and has spun out of control.

Tony, why poly filler instead of all-metal type on that steering column?

-
Back