David Vizards Books

-

Dragonbat13

Reaction score
I have his holley carb book, Porting heads book, and how to build horsepower book.

His books seem to be very good, and make some sense. But I just wanted to ask if these books are "Good Books" or are they gonna lead me down the wrong path.

I have read a few books over the years that just were a waste of money.

Anybody else read David Vizards books? What did you think about them?

I threw the Holley book in the garbage.
I keep the head porting book by the shoot gun so no one thinks about taking it.

I don't own Vizard but I have a good respect for him. I own Smokey's book.

Smokey's book, is simply outstanding (I.M.O.)... Vizard's head porting book is really good, for learning the basic ideas & what the actual basics of airflow.

Smokey's book, is simply outstanding (I.M.O.)... Vizard's head porting book is really good, for learning the basic ideas & what the actual basics of airflow.

Exactly!!! ^^^^^^^

Of Course, what you do at the books end is another issue.

Regarding the holley book, I thought some of the info was good, at least the basics. Some of it seemed a little far fetched. Alot of dyno talk. I'm all for the dyno, but have heard too much about how the dyno and the street are two different animals.

I went to look for smokeys book at the book store. But it wasnt there, although I have seen it there a thousand times.

Gonna order that one.

He was a guest instructor in a 3 day course I took at a local School many years ago and I got all 3 books as part of the tuition. Very knowledgable guy but on a lot of stuff he and the mechanical engineers in the class talked about was way above my head all 3 days. When I retired and sold out so my Wife and I could travel I got good money for the books. Also had Smokey Yunicks book which was somewhat outdated but very well written.

-
Back