Day 1, project trans am series 1965 dart

-
and we have some door bars

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

Great build. I have the same Kevko pan for my stroker. Will be a street car but I will be using the Alter K so it's nice to see that it fits well!!!

Damn man. Your going to have one slick track car there. Your cage looks great!

Brewil

that pan is one of, base on the sportsman pan, but if you bought a copy off the shelf, yours will be 14 inches wide instead of 12 and the lower sump will be shorter, mine is approx 3 inches longer, also the gates and diverters were reposition for uptimum oil control in high speed road racing

Dodge29

I have the black pan that is 14 inches wide.

Is it cool to use that pan for a street car or have I made a huge mistake?

I think I have the space with the Alterkation k-frame.

i think your fine, depending on your combination, in my case, needed all the space i could get, running a tremec, and twin turbos.....

by the way awsome pan

Luke

yeah it really looks very good quality.
I'm going to go eventually for a single www.moparturbokits.com kit and Hughes rockers etc etc and a Cope 727 when I can get the cash

Car looks sick Luke, awesome build

raced open wheel modifieds for years, ran Kevko pans for ever, have had great luck with them, probably owned 6 or 7 so far
thanks
Dodge29

all the engine parts have been accummulated, going to get final machining and mock up done after Xmas, Scat crank & rods, JE pistons, hughes shaft rockers for magnum style heads....

IMG_0668.jpg

IMG_0667.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

scored a pair of barely used liquid to air intercooler radiators, way cheap....still need the intercooler itself, need to find a large 2 into 1 assembly

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

Hi there...I was wondering what type of oil filter system your going to use in your Dart? I have a 65 Dart post that I have had since I was 16 and I picked up an Oberg unit years ago....have you ever used them? Outstanding progress and work on your car....It's inspired me to get working on mine again. Thanks.....Pat

thanks Pat, going to use an Oberg most likely, havent got that far yet....will also run an oil cooler, for that matter sweet power strg pump, remote tank and oil cooler for the power strg as well
already have it from my stock car days
thanks
Luke

also the pump for the liquid to air radiators for the intercoolers, using a Durango auxillary heater pump, perfect and very reliable
Dodge29

been a while, between travelling and Christmas season, havent done much, got the intercoolers mounted, brackets are made , still trying to figure out the best way to hang the turbo's

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

Amazing build.

I have an early barracuda with the front alter k. What modification did you have to make to the steering link to use the shoenfeld headers?

Thanks.

-
Back