Day 1, project trans am series 1965 dart

-
Luke buddy, where ya been? That top end is looking killer. Almost too pretty to run.

Almost....

Luke buddy, where ya been? That top end is looking killer. Almost too pretty to run.

Almost....

between work, 2 Challengers and a kid in college, been run pretty damn thin, took a huge hiatus, im back with a vengence
ready to get this beast on the road

spent a considerable amount of time, messing with both my Challenger and my wife's, including my son inlaw we not have 3 modern Challengers, all modified, mine dramatically....instant gratification....hard to pass that up

Luke

Dude, you're building a friggin NASCAR engine! With an induction system like that, turbos are kinda overkill, no? You may end up with a total monster on your hands!

yes, this is basically a cup engine of a couple of years ago, 4.10 stroke, scat crank, rods, custom je pistons, 447 cid, havent decided whether we go blow thru carburator or fuel injection, we are shooting for a very conservative 1200 hps, at less than 7k

we want to make sure this car pulls in 6th gear

Luke

Go fuel injection. Way more tuneable. Better datalogging for keeping an eye on things.

getting ready for hopefully a final mock up, also will be building a new set of hedders, ordered the flanges and collectors from Shoenfeld, should be here ealry next week
Luke

photo-2.jpg

Go fuel injection. Way more tuneable. Better datalogging for keeping an eye on things.

1800.00 versus another 5k......hummm, depends on funds, the youngen is costing us 22k a year right now, thats hurting my sock account badly

currently at 38k on this project, but whos counting

Luke

ps estimate after final assembly, between 60 to 80k

by the way App state plays a huge game against Wofford today, could decide the southern conference.....
kind of partial since thats where my baby goes to school

Luke

Liked your facebook page and I am loving this build. So what's up with the headers? Did you ever build another set?

I can smell 1100hps, a buddy with a similar set up, one turbo, blow thru carburetor made 1050 without even trying,
Twin screws, fuel injection, most likely coil on plug and we are trying to go really fast, lol
Luke

Killer man,
What happened to I want a street car with inner fenders?

Compromise and more compromise, running the intake boost feed inside the car, no other choice, can't make it fit any other way
Luke

Building the tunnel that will accommodate the turbos pressure feed to the engine
Luke

image_zps15d4d504.jpg

image_zps170a8ee6.jpg

Hey dodge29 since I'm just down the road from yuh think you could take me for a spin in it when it's done? :D

-
Back