Day 1, project trans am series 1965 dart

-
here a couple of pics from my racing days

Picture002.jpg

43 you should like this one

Picture003.jpg

i was racing Mopars on dirt tracks when it wasnt popular to do so, we were very creative in the early days, either couldnt afford the parts we wanted or they didnt exist back then
Dodge29

This pic of my youngest and my pup used to be my avatar. Got a few colorful comments. Nothing like being a proud pappy. Just keep a loaded shotgun handy....
LOL

Attachments

• dingaaaaaaaa.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 751
got to love the look of surprise on the dog, way cool, i understand the shotgun deal, have a 357 with a 15 round clip, use to tell Brits little boy friend i have a gun and know how to use it
Luke

got to love the look of surprise on the dog, way cool, i understand the shotgun deal, have a 357 with a 15 round clip, use to tell Brits little boy friend i have a gun and know how to use it
Luke

I shot Bail's boyfriend in the tush with a bb gun for doing a pretty good imitation of me. (It was funny, but I have to maintain dominance).
Bwa ha ha ha ha.....

That's fantastic. If I read correctly, she isn't racing anymore? I can't get mine interested in getting her liscence. (She get around to it when college isn't "stressing her out".)

Can't help but think about that Vacation movie with the dog's leash on the cage...
"Poor little fella' kept up for the first mile......"

she folded a car in half, a year ago, never really recovered from it i fear, got her bell rung hard.....
shes going to college next fall, sold both cars and most of my racing stuff, still have a very well equipped shop and gone back to my roots, building hot rods.....and maybe a little street racing....
have a great nite, past my bed time.... see ya
Luke

for 2 nites now, been screwing around with the seat, trying to get the lay out right, got to make sure steering, brakes, shifter, and all the clearances are right, before i can move on to finish the cage need to have the seat positioned in the right place...
to help get the car be as neutral as possible, both seats have been move considerably back, probably as much as 10/12 inch back from the original position, trying to get to a 50/50 percentage ratio.....

Dodge29

turbo's and intercoolers will all be in the rear, the air to water intercoolers will be located inside the trunk area, the water will be pump to the front of the car to two small radiators mounted underneath the front of the car....again, trying to gain the right percentages
Dodge29

talked to kevin at Kevco racing, regarding their sportsman roadracing type pan, those guys are awsome, want to modified their pan to suit my needs, for a small additional fee,building me exactly what i want
big thumbs up to Kevco

http://www.kevkoracing.com/mopar.htm

Dodge29

ps, making the sump narrower and longer, 6 gates with diverters and set up for autocross

Could you give us some more info on the rear suspension? I got my hands on a 65 wagon a few months ago and will restore it next year. It's my first Mopar and I've been looking for coilover kits for the rear and haven't found anything yet. Love what you're doing with this one.

beautiful hedders, Hookers competition, but will not work, much too low on driver side, going to look at Mopar dirt modified chassis hedders, may have to make a custom set....

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

-
Back