Day at the Junkyard!!!!

-
Here is the 68 Charger I picked up today :cheers:

Click on the link for more pics....

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=105599

Picture 117.jpg

Here is another yard we stopped at today, a pickers dream yard! He had so much junk, 100's cars, trucks, buses, dozers, scrap, mobile homes,boats, farm stuff, all scattered around over sevaral acres, if it was made of metal, he had it. Found 2 early Barracuda's there, think they have been there for awhile?? Check out the trees! The only way to get these cars out is pull them forward, can't go back, can't move to either side, no doubt about it, the trees need to go. These cars have tons of parts, must have been parked 30 plus years ago according to the size of the trees. My friend that went with is going to try and buy these 2. He had another Barracuda (he thought 1967) but we couldn't find it cause there was too much to look through. 8)

Picture 084.jpg

Picture 085.jpg

Picture 086.jpg

Picture 087.jpg

Picture 082.jpg

Picture 080.jpg

Picture 081.jpg

Picture 083.jpg

Nope, not a rat rod, those are real bullet holes! The whole car was shot up with them. Not sure what the other car is, maybe a Lincoln? It had suicide doors, must have been laying on it's side in the swamp, too bad, cool looking car and probably rare.

Picture 088.jpg

Picture 089.jpg

Picture 090.jpg

Picture 091.jpg

Picture 092.jpg

Picture 093.jpg

Picture 094.jpg

Picture 095.jpg

Those are some great yards. I went to a yard today that had at least 10 early A's. They were pretty picked over and weathered. My buddy bought the grille and some trim for his 66 valiant wagon and I bought one Formula 'S' wheel. Sorry no pics.

Those are some great pic's, definately a lot of good parts left. I especially liked that old dozer, never seen one like that before.

and you arent getting any parts???those t/lites and h/lite ring off those cudas get good $$ on ebay,get down and dirty and make some $$$,ya need a kick in the ***??its summer go for it

DSCN0387.jpg

I love walking through junk yards, I always wonder what history is behind the cars, and what stories they would tell .......if they could. And at one time they were brand new setting on a lot somewhere, waiting on there new owner.

imperial BLACK.jpg

if you go back could you check on the imperial in this picture

I would like to get a set of the center caps for the snowflake aluminum wheels

I cannot tell if it has the snowflake or wire wheels

Have a set of wheels without center caps. Want to be able to restore those wheels and put new tires on it for my 14,900 mile 81 Imperial

centercap.jpg

This is what I'm looking for

That looks like a Mopar guys HEAVEN

Thanks for documenting it

also the opera lights had small crystals on them,

Damn the more I think the more I can list

the horn buttons & radio if it is in good condition and just a am/fm stereo & the power antenna if an 81

Do they ship? maybe I could just call them

imperial BLACK.jpg

centercap.jpg

Ok, I will, but it may not be worth going to this year! You know what is really sad....the yard with all the cars in the first section of threads, almost all of the Mopars have been crushed. (and hundreds of other old cars) :angry7: Only a small handfull of B-body's and some Barracuda's were saved :puke: WTF...I guess this place is buying up rust-free cars from out west to haul here, they do get cars from all over the country but this was a shame. :angry7: :thebirdm: I hope the Fury wagon is still there, if I had known this was going to happen I would have taken out a loan and went to town stripping all the parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motopsycho View Post
looked like a good time i would love to go no yards around here like that
Ditto here,no junkyards like that here either and if there is,probably ran by some jerk

None like that around here either, I'd love to go through someplace like that! P.S. my brother calls places like that "tourist traps" cause he is big on browsing them too!

Good thing I don't live close to that yard, because I'd be divorced for dragging the yard home a part at a time.

Headlight bezels and 8 3/4s just for the taking...damn

Also, my favorite thing to do on a nice day. My wife thinks I should visit a therapist.

You might submit your photos to Cars & Parts magazine. They run regular JY photo stories. I think they changed the name though, since I started getting a new magazine Auto Enthusiast out of the blue and don't recall my subscription running out.

Where is this place? I have some friends and relatives in your area. I would love to visit this yard the next time I'm in MN. I'll understand if you want to keep it a secret but I'm sure many of us would love to make a day (week?) trip to save some valuable Mopar resources.
Thanks, Mark

-
Back