Dead Dart

-

Commando66

She's a beaut Clark!
Reaction score
I walked out the door of McDonald's today to find a 64 Dart GT with the hood up. I asked the family standing by what was wrong and they said " motor blowed up". I took a look and sure enough, there was a hole in the side of the block big enough to stick your hand in (or let a rod out). I started looking the car over and it was a really nice car. It was super straight, NO rust all one color and had some options like factory AC and power steering. I didn't want to low ball them on a price and had no way to get it the 70 miles home.

Attachments

• 2012-02-23 10.00.53.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 424
Where was this at? You think they are still there? I will low ball them :)
Did you get their number?

That hole looks line the one that was in my slant after the wrist pin on the number 3 cylinder let go :(

~Michael

Did you get any information from them, so you might contact them later. You might be surprised as to how little the car might have cost you. Maybe offer them cab fare, and you pay a tow company to haul it to your house if they agree. Just my .02

It's hard to see in the picture, but when the rod let go it knocked the exhaust pipe out of the manifold. The lady driving kept telling me it was the special 25th anniversary model.

Us Washintonians really should have each others numbers for occasions like this lol.

I'm bummed to hear about anybody having a problem like that, but had to laugh too. I just could hear you now Commando66 ...

"Oh man, that really sucks. But let me snap a quick picture of the disaster to show off to my A Body buddies ........."

:-D

It's hard to see in the picture, but when the rod let go it knocked the exhaust pipe out of the manifold. The lady driving kept telling me it was the special 25th anniversary model.
It's actually a 50th anniversary......they all were that year for Dodge. Hopefully, someone will give it a heart transplant!

Mark, I realized that as she kept telling me 25th and how rare and low mileage her recently deseased Dart was. It also had the rare pushbutton trans on the dash...most had the floor shifter according to the owner.

Mark, I realized that as she kept telling me 25th and how rare and low mileage her recently deseased Dart was. It also had the rare pushbutton trans on the dash...most had the floor shifter according to the owner.
All the '64 Dart automatics (and Valiants/Barracudas) were push button as far as I've ever seen. "65 was when you could get a choice of floor or column shift.

sounds like she knew what she had and loves the car..bet she has it fixed!

Mark, you're preachin' to the choir. 67Signet, that's the feeling that I got when talking to her. I didn't want offend her. I asked if they needed an engine and they said her son might have one.

If it was arare as she said it was , someone should have put some bearings in it before this happened, Slant 6,s just don,t do this unless there was a major problem .To bad , but on the bright side they are still easy to get.

-
Back