death threats

-

grease monkey 73

Reaction score
well let me start out by saying my wife isnt crazy about cars like i am so she doesnt like when i bring home new toys that being said i have a 59 willis rat rod sitting in my front yard that i just started on and i was driveing a pos honda (yea shoot me now please) untill a month or so ago anyways i run across a 74 dart sport /6 904 7.25 rear 4whl non power drum brake car 800 bucks i couldnt pass it up i love old cars although i have never had the money for a mopar so i sold the honda and bought the dart (without telling the wife first) needless to say she not happy "another stinking project if you bring home one more ill kick your butt" lmao you should have seen her face when she got home from work and saw the truck trailer and 74 swinger sitting in our driveway this past sunday so these are my first mopars and i need some advise the swinger has a 318 904 and 8.25 with disc drum power brakes im wanting to swap that into the sport cause i like that body better any who my goal with the sport is a 400 horse daily driver will the 904 and 8.25 be good in this and what am i looking at to get that amount of power out of a 318 and dont worry all you /6 guys im not junking the 6 from the sport it will be built into the leaning tower of power it should be and getting put in my rat not to mention i have allready been thinking about building a gasser out of the swinger but first thing first got to get sport done lol so much to do so little time any advise on would be a blessing thanx guys

Yes to your question the 904 and 8 1/4. There are guys drag racing with 904s and 8 1/4s. with more power then that.

318 / 904 / 8.25 is a good combination. You can buy sure grip gears pretty reasonably if you want to do better gearing. If you do, remember the 904 is a three speed tranny. I ran 4.10 with mine and I couldn't drive on the highway due to such high rpm. 400 hp is certainly attainable. I was just about 300hp with a Comp Cam XE268H, Eddy RPM air gap, Eddy 800 cfm carb, 2400 stall, Hooker Comp headers and 2 1/2" exhaust. A little more work and you can get in the 400 range.

where do the death threats come in....from the wife , the neighbors , the slant six fans? maybe i missed something

i'm doing a gasser with my 72 swinger. and my wife did the same thing to me last week when i almost bought a Chrysler windsler. she won tho

Sounds to me like your in over your head.

You didnt have the money to buy the $800 dart sport untill you sold your daily driver ?
And then you drug home a swinger to build a gasser as well. And your building a ratrod as well ?

Where are you going to get the money to build a 400hp 318, and to build the gasser, and to build the slant into a leaning tower of power?

Sorry, but I'm with your wife on this one. Pick one project to work on and see how much its costs to finish it, then if you have the money start on the next one. Dragging home more projects isn't going to help you finish any of them.

Sounds like you have some great project cars going there!
A word of caution though, if you drag home any more cars, your next project might be finding a new place to live minus your wife.

Sounds to me like your in over your head.

You didnt have the money to buy the $800 dart sport untill you sold your daily driver ?
And then you drug home a swinger to build a gasser as well. And your building a ratrod as well ?

Where are you going to get the money to build a 400hp 318, and to build the gasser, and to build the slant into a leaning tower of power?

Sorry, but I'm with your wife on this one. Pick one project to work on and see how much its costs to finish it, then if you have the money start on the next one. Dragging home more projects isn't going to help you finish any of them.

OUCH!

I was thinking the same thing.

I can picture the wife wielding a sharpened broomstick forcing you to sell that stuff off.
Ain't telling you what to do, but the family first approach makes for a better marriage.

I quickly,learned at a young age that I will have gray hair before I could afford to build a dream ride.
Every time I saved money for a part, something expensive in the house would break.....family always came first, but that's just me.

that must be where the death threats came from ... your significant other and maybe one from the landlord lol

I'll start with...Welcome to Mopars and FABO!

I think the consensus is this is the best forum for us a body guys and you should able to learn quite a bit by searching the forums and reading old posts.

I wish you the best of luck getting a car going!

If you start a thread in member restorations you can get some great feedback every step of the way.

-Chris

I'm all in with the force on this one, I know exactly where he's coming from. My 67 Valiant 2dr. seems to be in perpetual hold mode, while the really important stuff gets done.

drdan

If your wife does not accept you for who you are, you have the wrong wife.

...and that street goes both ways.

-
Back