decal on quaterpanel ideas

-

68valiant400

Reaction score
i have a 68 valiant and was thinking of breaking the back end up with some kinda decal maybe, everyone suggests a dart style strip but i get enough ppl thinking its a dart, i trust the fabo community so give me your ideas and i'll pick the best one and make it happen then post pics thanks everyone

mopar 029.jpg

This is a tough one because there are so many things you could do here. Some might suggest the extreme (and sometimes ugly): making a custom billboard stripe for it or perhaps the big Plymouth decal from a Superbird. I like more subtle decals/striping and if you are not into the Dart striping, I (personally) would put the '68 only dual lower body stripes (black) on it. Granted, this would not be on the rear quarters but it would add something subtle to the entire paint scheme. Good luck.

If you went with a 69 style rump stripe, I have a buddy who could make nice custom Valiant call outs in it, instead of GTS or Swinger. (He lives right around the corner from your Mothers house, and does excellent work with vinyl, all computer cutout)

69 Swinger1 (Small).JPG

How about a Road Runner dust trail with something custom airbrushed at the leading edge? Such as a Knight charging on a horse (Prince Valiant?) A running Coyote? $100 bills? $100 bills on fire?

Or maybe the double flat-black side stripe used on Dusters, made to fit the Valiant?

Just thinking out loud. I'll be quiet now...

If you went with a 69 style rump stripe, I have a buddy who could make nice custom Valiant call outs in it, instead of GTS or Swinger. (He lives right around the corner from your Mothers house, and does excellent work with vinyl, all computer cutout)

this was my original idea but was not sure if ppl would think i stole it from a dart

Every stripe combo has been done, so they all will look familiar(not stolen). A Valiant callout would make it your own. Post the pic on here...then someone else will want to borrow your idea.Just make sure you spell Valiant right.

Every stripe combo has been done, so they all will look familiar(not stolen). A Valiant callout would make it your own. Post the pic on here...then someone else will want to borrow your idea.Just make sure you spell Valiant right.

thats true and it would make it clear what i was driving no dart mistakes, not knocking darts i love em but my car aint no dart a valiant was a Geeky car back then,darts were and still are more of a muscle car than mine and its valaint right? jks

Just cooked it up(i'm no artist),use proper Valiant style, switch 383 for 400. In the style of the rump stripe.
Sorry, my wife told me to "rotate", thought she was just ticked off.

LastScan (Small).jpg

Just cooked it up(i'm no artist),use proper Valiant style, switch 383 for 400. In the style of the rump stripe.
Sorry, my wife told me to "rotate", thought she was just ticked off.

pretty good but i think iam going to go with the strip and a valiant cut out, i change engines more than my underwear so i better just put valiant lol

is there anyone who knows how to make my picture have the stripe i want? photo chop or whatever it is you do thanks

Hey 68Valiant400 - take a look at our club website www.inlandmoparscarclub.com and check out the '68 Valiant charity raffle car we're building. Will also have a 400 BB, 727, and 8 3/4 rearend. Will also feature custom paint, complete RMS front and rear suspension, complete Legendary interior installed by Ron Mangus, and too much else to list here. Raffle tickets, all proceeds go to California School for the Deaf in Riverside, CA, are only $5 each. See the website for details or PM me. Winning raffle ticket will be drawn at the 2008 SoCal Shootout at California Speedway on Memorial Day weekend, winner need not be present and will be notified of their lucky draw!

pretty good but i think iam going to go with the strip and a valiant cut out, i change engines more than my underwear so i better just put valiant lol

is there anyone who knows how to make my picture have the stripe i want? photo chop or whatever it is you do thanks

68valiant - Post a full side view pic of your car and I can mock-up a "Valiant" BumbleBee stripe for you. I can also make the stripes...

I have the equipment to make the stripes using vinyl material. I have several different types already available for Dodge Ram's.

email me and I can send you a few pipcs of the various Dodge Ram ones I've done.

[email protected]

-
Back