Decode this fender tag

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
Hey guys, I found a '68 Cuda in the woods. Can someone decode the fender tag? I did already but wanted to make sure I did it right.

I'm no expert but from what I could tell here is the cars read out, its a nice find to say the least.
CAR: Plymouth Barracuda 2 Door Sports Hardtop
ENGINE: 340cid 4-bbl HP V8
TRANSMISSION: 3-Speed Automatic
TIRES: E70x14 Red Side Wall, steel belted
BUILD DATE: February 20.
AXLE: 3.23 Rear Axle Ratio
INTERIOR: High Trim Grade, Vinyl Bucket Seats. White on Black Interior.
PAINT: Monotone Dark Turquoise Metallic Paint.
OTHER: White Horizontal Sport Stripe.
MOLDINGS:
25: Drip Rail Mouldings
30: Body Belt Mouldings
78: Wheel Lip Mouldings
ABC OPTIONS:
E1: Cleaner Air Package
F7: Barracuda Formula S Package
N8: Rear Window Defogger
R1: AM Radio
X2: Tinted Windshield Only
abc OPTIONS:
w6: Build to Spec's for Canada

E1 is not correct for a 68 Barracuda with the mymopar.com decoder.

E1 is 361 Sport Special Package that includes dark red reflective trunk stripe, HD suspension, horizontal tape stripe, wire wheel covers, and chrome plated grille inserts (front edge will show chrome)

Does NOT include Custom Sill Moldings (spears and gills). Must be ordered seperate, code 19 (529).

Attachments

• 5806299-Copyof68codes180p6.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 201
Mike, cool find, does it still have the grill?? If so any signs of chrome on the plastic?? As autox posted the Spring Special is a rare and cool option!

Thanks guys. I knew it's a 340 car, however I wasn't aware of all the options. There's not a lot left drivetrain wise, just the 8 3/4 and console shifter. 4 wheel drum, all glass is there, front fenders, all emblems, 120 MPH speedo, very nice gauge cluster and bezel with thumb wheel radio, no tach, no interior at all, has a spool type K member in it. I tracked down the owner who said he'd sell it. It seemed to me he thinks it's easily restorable, when he said he has a quarter for it and a front clip, but he said the last time he saw it was 10 years ago. He was driving it with a 440 in it in the snow and lost control, crunching the passenger quarter in badly. He seems to think it's still solid underneath, but it's only an inch off the ground. If I can get it for the right price I will.

Steve, no grilles with the car, however he may have them at home or they were stolen. The front clip he said he has is from a '69.

I remember that cat from the early 90's, is there another car near that one painted plum crazy purple ?

According to a friend who knows of the Cuda, there should be a purple Dart near it as well that the guy was using for a parts car for the Cuda. It was so overgrown back there it could very well be there without being seen.

The dart used to belong to a friend of mine, I heard it was on its roof, may still have an 8 3/4 also, it had a 340 that ran low 10's in it for a while.

-
Back