Decoding a 1965 Broadcast-Sheet - need help

-

lordoffrisco

Lord and man of honor
Reaction score
Hello guys,

it's me again.:D Sorry but I have a few questions concerning the broadcastsheet of my 1965 Barracuda Commando V8. Would be awesome if someone could help me!

5xv8nd.jpg

I was able to decode a lot of things - with the help of friends;-)
273 4bbl
904 TF
axle 2.93:1 ratio

Special Order Tires 14

Heater - Front with defroster

Power Breaks
Power Steering

Remote Control Mirror, outside left
Day/Nite, inside rear-view

Back-up lights
Bumper Guards, front & rear
Instrument panel, safety-padded
Radio, Transaudio AM, with antenna
Seat belts, retractable, front only
Steering wheel, 3 spoke simulated wood
Undercoating

Special Order Car

The other options - so they told me - are equipped if there simply is a digit below.

I used this decoder: The Salesmans Pocket Guides
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/SalesmansPocketGuides/1965/65_Barracuda_2.jpg

But nevertheless I still have a few questions:

1. Following the salesman pocket guide the number for the sure grip option would be 59-2. Now I have the combination 59-3. What's the meaning of this? 'Cause if he wouldn't have a sure grip there wouldn't be a digit or?
  2. Also in the salesman pocket guide there are two shock absorber/suspension options: 63-0 or 63-4. At my BS at suspension there is the combination 63-1? And at the shocks 63-3/8/B???? What's the meaning of this? I can't find this combination anywhere.
  3. My next question concerns the racing stripe kit - number 284 (salesman pocket guide). Where can I find this, 'cause the broadcastsheet starts with 36?
  4. At 471 ("clock") I have the digit 7. My Barracuda has no clock except - what i thought was mounted aftermarket - in the glove box lid (like a Mustang Mach I). See the picture below. I didn't know that there was a clock available for Barracudas?
a1piip.jpg

Sorry - I don't have a better pic. I will take a close-up pic at sunday.

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited:
Well, thanks to user pbiggs and toolmanmike I maybe have an answer to my suspension question.

I managed to make some pics of my clock. But it's an aftermarket clock by V.D.O.

20170205_134237.jpg

20170205_134241.jpg

...but it looks pretty professional, so maybe there was a clock there before??? Like the digit on the Broadcast-Sheet?

Did you ever find out if the clock was a factory installed part?
To be honest I think that the clock wasn't installed in Hamtramck, but at the local dealer in Autstria (Tarbuk), ' cause the clock is as old as the car and it was installed very professional. This particular Barracuda was a special order car and so I think that the first owner wanted a clock in his car (typical for Austria). So the Dealer installed the watch in the glove compartment after consultation with Chrysler, 'cause they didn't install the clock at the assembly line. So maybe they printed the digit at clock as a dealer option.

I'm waiting for an answer from the son of the first owner. Maybe he knows the answer exactly.

Not a factory clock. Installed in the glove box? Interesting place.

-
Back