Deleted thread ? Really ?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well in regards to all things worldly having an engaging conversation about "that" current situation is probably not worthy of a discussion. I mean Nuclear warfare ain't got nothing on ol' wuhu..... Just ask those cats in Hiroshima, Japan. Mere child's play in today's world....

JW

I think RRR nailed it earlier, not Mopar, and a world event ends up in N/P. I am a moderator on two other sites so I can see both sides as I am not a moderator on this site. I can assure you it is a thankless gig. The only way Mike (TMM) knows for sure he is doing a good job as a moderator is if he is getting griped out! I have simply never been man enough to enter the N/P portion of FABO.

I missed most of those references ..
And I see lots of threads referencing WW1 and WW2 but they dont get deleted .
I still dont see how the subject of Russia can be controversial . Aren't we pretty unified about Russia being a corrupt and dangerous oligarchy ?
Or do we have a bunch of communist members that might disagree ? I dont recall any ...
No big deal. It's not whether or not it starts a controversy, simply, it's whether or not it's News or Politics. The Russia thing that is going on now is News.

When I think of political I think fueding within the US . When it comes to Russia vs the US I would like to think that we are all unified regardless of our party affiliation. And IF Russia is making a power move on the world I think its important for all of us to be aware of it . Isnt that the core of being a Patriot ?

It started with the anti union slamming, I replied trying to be civil, than another post mentioned politics followed by a reply post cursing at a member
Thats all it takes
Cursing at a member in the GF will get you a vacation depending on who is doing the cursing
The post is in the N&P. My replies can be read there, other than that thread I refrain from that forum as its cess pool
Wondered what happened, thought that was a good, lively discussion about the good/bad on both sides of the labor/company coin. Last post I recall acknowledged problematic/systemic corruptions, then threw in about not starting on the same w/politicians, guess that's when it went too sideways. And I missed it! Lol!

When I think of political I think fueding within the US . When it comes to Russia vs the US I would like to think that we are all unified regardless of our party affiliation. And IF Russia is making a power move on the world I think its important for all of us to be aware of it . Isnt that the core of being a Patriot ?
Then talk about it in the N&P forum. That's what that forum is for. It's a organizational thing for us. It's like this, If you start a disc brake conversion thread in the transmission forum it'll get moved. Same thing here. It's a simple concept.

is making a power move on the world I think its important for all of us to be aware of it .
See? That's what makes it news.
Its good you want people to be aware of of current events but this is a place for R&R.

Kinda reminds me of a slutty Lindsay Wagner. Yeah, I can dig it.
I believe most
Then talk about it in the N&P forum. That's what that forum is for. It's a organizational thing for us. It's like this, If you start a disc brake conversion thread in the transmission forum it'll get moved. Same thing here. It's a simple concept.
How does one get access? I tried once. And gave up quick.

How does one get access? I tried once. And gave up quick.[/QUOTE]

Click on Forums on the upper left. Scroll down to the Off topic forums. It should be there. It will ask you if you really want to go there. Your choice.

How does one get access? I tried once. And gave up quick.

Click on Forums on the upper left. Scroll down to the Off topic forums. It should be there. It will ask you if you really want to go there. Your choice.[/QUOTE]
It's grayed out. It doesn't ask anything. And no topics are listed. At least from an Android Google browser?

Screenshot_20220126-073025_Chrome.jpg

Click on Forums on the upper left. Scroll down to the Off topic forums. It should be there. It will ask you if you really want to go there. Your choice.
It's grayed out. It doesn't ask anything. And no topics are listed. At least from an Android Google browser?

View attachment 1715859181[/QUOTE]
Strange there. That would be a question for @Joeychgo

Strange there. That would be a question for @Joeychgo
I'll see if it's a browser thing. Maybe blocking pop-ups? Will post any discoveries.[/QUOTE]
I see other forums greyed out and that shouldn't be. You should have access to all the forums except for the Gold Member forums. (I think)

Some topics of todays events around us can be discussed in the general forum in my opinion
A politcal comment that occurs can be removed at the moderators discretion
However I dont see the reason to remove the thread and place it in the N&P forum
Im in complete agreement that at times threads posted in the general forum belong placed elsewhere.
I feel at times its done innocently but at other times its a deliberate attempt to start controversy
The forum rules are well known, they've applied to me and they should apply to everyone else

Some topics of todays events around us can be discussed in the general forum in my opinion
A politcal comment that occurs can be removed at the moderators discretion
However I dont see the reason to remove the thread and place it in the N&P forum
Im in complete agreement that at times threads posted in the general forum belong placed elsewhere.
I feel at times its done innocently but at other times its a deliberate attempt to start controversy
The forum rules are well known, they've applied to me and they should apply to everyone else

If I read through a thread and can clean it up by removing a post or two that's what I'll do. Often we will post a warning to keep it under control. (rarely without some negative comments about our warning) If there are many posts that need to be removed, including the quoted replies, the thread will either be moved or removed. Chopping up threads by removing posts doesn't work in many instances. The quoted replies are a ***** to edit simply because you have to take the extra time to open up a post and delete particular words or phrases to keep it within the guidelines. Who has time for that. Just sayin'

Yep I sent it to the News and Politics. Listen to Rusty, he get's it! @mbaird why would you start a thread about Russia and not think it's a current event and doesn't belong in the N&P? What were you thinking? I saw words and made my decision:
Russia, Regan, Communist, dictatorship, World war 1 and 2, Putin, China, Bull ****, Russia/China strategy, Joke Biden, taliban, and the list goes on.

Next time you start a non car related thread, think about the subject matter and where it could go in a few short posts before you hit the enter button.
Hey now it was already in news and politics when the joke b & towly ban was written, if it wasn't I apologize
Also just saying I appreciate what you do. It's probably not easy to be a moderator.

Last edited:
Sad to say everything now days Is political.
Even cars, parts, racing, oil, fuel, modifications, it's all being politicized.

You could probably delete 90% of General Forum content due to "News". Although a lot of "News" is political, not all of it is.
Title should be changed to "Religion/Politics"

Yes sir,, I believe your correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back