Demon at the bodyshop

-
There will be more pics tomorrow. I stopped in on the way home tonight and it is done. He ran into a bit of a snag today, but one phone call and $90 dollars later it was cured. When he went to start the hood he noticed that the stripes had been packaged wrong and had creases in them. He took the initative and got a pro in to fix things up. The stripes are now on the car and does it look awesome. I will be bringing it home tomorrow. I may even have time to enter it in the contest.

Kev, I don't think it will go to Carlisle. It would be a bear of a drive with those 4:10s out back.

Jack

Arrrrr, Billy, she's a fine lookin' piece of Mopar muscle!! :) The stripes, scoop, and wheels really set off that red. It looks like you picked the right place to get it done Jack. Congrats on a really nice looking mo-chine.

Thanks Sid,
Now it is just put the rest of the chrome on, interior in and grill. Plus there will be lots of little stuff to do but my May 15th date is starting to look pretty good.

Jack

Looks great! :toothy7:

I wish I had the energy of your body and paint guy and be able to bang off a car in a month. Even if I didn't have an actual job in the way I'd have a hard time putting in back to back 8 hour day doing body and paint, I tend to pace myself :drinkers:

Rob, just to make you feel better. It was one day less than 3 weeks. You should see this guy at work. He is in constant motion. I think he must be a type-a personality. I didn't mind, he does great work.

Jack

I remember some law from my Physics class many moons ago, an object in motion tends to stay in motion, that must be my problem, the lack of initial motion :lol: That's a lot of work in 20 days, you're lucky to have found a guy like that :toothy7:

I have no complaints what so ever with him. He was easy to deal with and didn't mind me dropping in. His only drawback was, he is a Ford and Chevy guy. LOL He was showing me the pics of his own cars. He has more than 10 ranging from a 32 custom truck to a new Mustang. thats not counting the beaters he drives. He races a 68 Camaro and was waiting for his new big block blower motor to arrive yesterday. He figures it will put him in the 8's. Obviously there is money in those body jobs. LOL

Jack

There's always money in it if you work fast AND do quality work. I would have to wear "Depends" if I drove an 8 second car :crybaby:

Keep upi the good work. It is coming around quite nicely.

I finally got a few mor pics to show you guy's. I have most of the chrome on now and also get the soundproofing in.

As you can see, I have been busy.

Jack

Looks awesome Jack, I'm envious now. I should be posting some pics of my progress before long. Got the tail panel welded in the other day. Are you taking it to the Atlantics this summer?

:laughing: when are you going to finish my demon?

just kidding? that looks sick.... you are going to love the soundproofing. it made a world of difference for me.

Hay Jack!! you've got it going on man :thumbup: that thing turned out great the red with black stripes looks like a mighty mopar.
Glad you picked a good body shop
and it did not take *** long as I thout!! :thumbup:

Another great A is on the steets :toothy7:

Marvin,
The plan right now is to have it on the road on May 15th. As long as I have it on the road, I will have it in Moncton for the show and the get together.

Jack

Thanks guy's, I do appreciate the compliments.

1BadDodge71,
It is actually a product from the building supply store. It's called BlueSkin. It is an asphalt based product used for soundproofing ductwork. It is 26 mil so I put on 2 layers to bring it up to the same thickness as Dynamat. The big plus is that it is not an automotive product so it only cost $114 Can for 322 sq ft.

Jack

Lookin' good Jack. Anxious to see it completed! Does that BlueSkin have an odor with the asphalt in it?

-
Back