Demon at the bodyshop

-
Coyote Jack said:
Some more pics that I took today. The red in the pics isn't even close to how red it really is, at least on my screen.

Jack

That thing is going to be awlsome :wav:

Freakin' awesome Jack I'm happy for you and jealous at the same time. If I don't see you at Miramichi strip I'll have to take a run to baxter corner this summer!!

Hey Jack I to am redoing a 72 demon :wav: You are alittle further than I am but it is coming along . I have a question about your hood, I was always under the impretion that the 72 hood scoop was non functional did you cut the hole in your hood or is it suppose to be there? My hood does not have that hole but not sure it is the orininal hood for the car but the holes to mount the hood scoop are in place.

Thanks for all the compliments guy's. I am heading out to have another look at the car this afternoon. The way this guy works the car might be done. LOL

dr.demon,

I cut that hole to allow as much fresh air in as possible with the twin snorkle scoop. The hoods from the factory had 2 four inch holes when they had a twin snorkle scoop. I was not worried about staying original with this car as it is far from it.

Jack

O K Jack thanks alot I just needed to know. Good luck and keep us posted, she is looking sweet :thumbup: .

I just got back from the bodyshop again. He has the base on the car now. 4 coats of Viper red. The pics a screwed up because of not enough light, but I think you will get and idea of the quality of the work. Remember those 1/4's were rebuilt.

Jack

Jack does your body man sleep at all? Wicked progress. I got a little more done on mine today, body leveled out, old rear removed, dash disassempled and hood is almost completely stripped (burnt up my drill) and clamped tailight panel in. Starting to look like I'm doing something. Keep us posted Jack looking awesome!! :thumbup:

I'm pretty sure that's what the cops will think Adam. I'm sure they will stop me every time I go to the small town I grew up in.

Jack

Congratulations Jack!!
Your body and paint man is moving along on your car.
It may have been a pain to find one.But it was well worth the time you took
shopping around. Very happy for you Jack she is looking Damn good :thumbup

Coyote Jack said:
It is going to be 2000 Viper Red with the 72 Demon stripe package in black.

Why did I think it was going to be pink?!?!?!?

Must be some of the left over pulp from the party-80's circulating through my system again...... :drunken:

I went out and saw the Demon again today. The red is all on and looks fantastic. There are a couple of pieces of lint in it but he is going to get them out tonight. Other than that I would not be afraid to put this paintjob in a show. And it hasn't even been wet sanded and buffed yet. I am glad I picked this guy to do it for me.

Jack

Yep, he is in east Saint John. He doesn't want his name plastered all over the net, but when it comes time to paint yours I can supply his name to you if you want.
You will have seen mine in person by then I hope.
Those are American Racing Outlaw I's. I got the fronts from MikelBeck and bought the rears new in Newcastle.

Jack

I am impressed with it Sid. You are right, it changes shades slightly with different light. I think that is why it looks orange in some pics and deep red in others.

Jack

I'm glad you got what you wanted in Red. :) The colour switch thing kind of caught my attention when I used it, and i kind of like that aspect, as well as the pure red colour. Once everything goes back on, and you get your stripes on there, it will really show off that red. Beauty!!

Looks really good Jack!:thumbup:
Are you gonna bring it down to Carlisle this summer?

-
Back