Demon at the bodyshop

-
70Duster440,

It did when I first applied it but it is going away quickly. I can only faintly smell it now and I keep it warm in the garage.

Jack

LJS30,

I replaced the lower area at the rear of both quarters. I also got 2 rust free fenders from Ca. (thanks snowymountainman). Other than that I filled in the marker lights with new metal and rebuilt the ends of the front valance. It did require a few floor patches and spare tire well that I made myself.
When it went to the bodyshop it was a full metal car that had a few small dents and dings from over the years. The bodyshop sanded the car down, pulled and filled the dings then sprayed 2 coats of primer, 1 coat of sealer, 4 coats of base and 3 coats of clear. They also applied the stripe package and painted the center of the hood and scoop black. I had the windshield installed while it was there in case they scratched the paint. Total cost for this was $3650 Can.
I am going to wet sand and buff the car in a few weeks. Part of the paint deal was that he come to my house and show me exactly how to do it properly. This guy is very proud of his work and has won many awards for his paint. He is also an avid car collector with 10 cars of his own, mostly bowties and blue ovals but I didn't hold that against him. LOL

Jack

Looking good Jack, very nice job. Fun comming for summer.

Berny

I managed to get most of the interior in this past weekend. The black doesn't show up very well in the light in my garage even with a flash.

I also got a little better pic of the hood and what is under it. The engine still needs to be cleaned from after being at the bodyshop. Hard to believe they had it wrapped but they did. I saw it with my own eyes.

Jack

Lookin good Jack!:headbang:
I remember what it looked like when you bought,it has come along way!

is that the decal for the hood or masked and painted? either way, that hood looks awesome.

Kev,
I remember what it looked like to. I even have a look at the before pics once in a while and just sit here with a silly grin on my face. LOL

redfastback,
The stripes on the hood are the decal from Phoenix Graphix. The rest is painted black.

sheets55,

I am rather proud of it. It is coming out much better than I had expected. The wife can't believe it. LOL

Jack

What is the name of the sound deadener you put in your car. Do you like the results? I want to do the same this summer.

Congrats on the great results, Car looks damn GOOD!!!

Longgone,

This is what the car looked like the day I bought it 3 years ago.

It sat in my yard for the first 7 months or so while I built a garage to restore it in.

Jack

63dartman,

It is actually a product from the building supply store. It's called BlueSkin. It is an asphalt based product used for soundproofing ductwork. It is 26 mil so I put on 2 layers to bring it up to the same thickness as Dynamat. The big plus is that it is not an automotive product so it only cost $114 Can for 322 sq ft.
So far the results are great, but I won't know for sure until I'm driving it in a month or so.

Jack

Jack, your Demon looks incredible! Congrats on a job well done. The color is perfect and the striping.... all I can say is I hope my car turns out as nice.

Awsome job! I really like those hood stripes!!!!! toolmanmike

Dang Jack I am totally impressed and can't find the words .

The interior and paint is incredible. :tongue9: :thumbup:

Wow Jack! Your car is a great testimonial to what can be done when you have the drive (and the dollars). Fantastic job! Congratulations!!!
Coyote Jack said:
Longgone,

This is what the car looked like the day I bought it 3 years ago.

It sat in my yard for the first 7 months or so while I built a garage to restore it in.

Jack

-
Back