Demon Carb

-

CUDACOX

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm debating on changing my current 750 Eddie carb to a 650 Speed Demon. Has anybody run or still run this carb? There is one for sale locally and I have heard they are a good carb and easy to adjust. Please give your opinion. Thanks, Craig.

I never had really good performance from a Eddie so if the price is right I would get the Demon. They are however out of business. I don't know if that would be pain later on down the road on getting parts for that carb or not.

Hey Craig,checkout the AED carbs.They,re basically a reworked Holley,both my friend and I have had excellent results with these carbs.I,m running the 850HO,he,s running the 750HO.These are bolt on and go carbs,which Summit is now selling also.I never really liked the carbs you,ve mentioned.JMO.Good luck.

Hey Craig, I run a 670 Street Avenger, and it has been flawless so far. Peak power is at 6800, and it handled the job(though it has not been too close to that since the dyno)

Hey Craig, I run a 670 Street Avenger, and it has been flawless so far. Peak power is at 6800, and it handled the job(though it has not been too close to that since the dyno)

Uh oh!
You've been liften before shiften! LOL

I had a 650 mighty demon on my mild 340 really liked it was easy to tune.Responded very well to any changes I made. Up graded to a 825 mighty demon when I changed heads and cam,Kevin.

I was happy with mine on my old 340. Seemed to respond well to changes. I went to a ProForm 750, but I kept the Demon just in case.

Don't buy a Demon. There's a reason Barry Grant went out of business. No serviceable parts anymore. Zero warranty.

i'd be inclined to use the 670 avenger as stated above, or just the old 3310 750VS holley. i like carbs with annular boosters myself

Attachments

• 71 Demon 340 (63) (640x480).jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 125
With Barry Grant out of business, I'd stay away from a Demon carb. I also know several people who have had bad luck with their Demon carb. For me that's 2 strikes against them but they sure are puuuuuuurty car-be-tooters. I'd get a carb from a pro builder.

Wylde1.

i just bought a 750 demon for 125.00 bolt on and go we will see i trust the guy i got it from

I've got a 650 Speed Demon on my 360. I really like it, it's easy to adjust and there is no hesitation. It is jetted with 72 primary's and 79 secondaries. I've got 400 plus HP and have never leaned out. I run a 727 with 4.10's in the back.

Jack

Well I have 2 750 Demons on my car, I love those carbs. All the Holley service parts interchange with them so getting parts to fix them is not a problem. I used a modified (by me) 850 Speed Demon when I was running a single carb, loved that thing too.

Just because BG is out of business is no reason not to get one. Good carbs and way, way better than an Eddie.

It works good, but I would have it dyno'd.

We got an extra 150 HP out of the dyno. So they do work, just dyno it.

0822001053a.jpg

-
Back